GDT: Panthers @ Islanders - 1/30/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Yes he can stop the Puck and the win was an overall good Team effort. I would have seen more Games liek this earlier this Season.
I mean a Game where is not much to complain about are rare.
Best Line the new combo Huberdeau/trocheck/Malgin. That Line could be a Line till rest of the Season. fast and good chemistry late in teh Season is rare.

So whats next play a good rest of the Season and only get a possible Top 10 Pick or tanking fot a Top 5 pick?? I mean as a Player they wanna play there best till the end of the Season.
Question for the Europen Fans, where is the World Cup this Year?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Well deserved win for Sateri
Long time coming for Sateri's first win, almost a decade after he was drafted.

I'm sorry my excitement for Montembeault has taken away from appreciating Sateri's spotlight. He's been great in these last number of games, the score board hasn't done him justice. Especially tonight, which I would otherwise consider to be a shutout if not for an unfair blemish.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
good game, one of our better wins this season. I thought Malgin looked really good and Bjugstad looked way more forceful on the ice.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Nice game as the Forwards were all under 19 minutes TOI. I hope this is a sign of things to come for Mr. Boo but I realize the special teams were not on the ice for any appreciable period of time. Have to wait to see what happens when we get back to more special team play.

Sateri had an excellent game and made some nice saves but I have to pass kudo's to the whole defensive structure also for giving him solid backing. Fall'n for Dahlin will look more like Fall'n for a Midlin draft pick if this play continues. That's okay as I would rather see solid progression from our existing players than a bottom feed mentality. :)

Reactions: PSLguy

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
i can complain about ekblad though. barkov must hate setting him up. he put that beautiful feed right back into halak. and whats worse? in the between periods interview he said he meant to do it. he actually said on that opportunity he got the puck where he wanted it to go but halak made the right save. what an astonishing statement. he had about 40% of empty net to shoot at and has zero accuracy. im pissed that he sucks, but im floored that he doesnt even understand the ways in which he sucks. man oh man what have they done with that deal?

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
i can complain about ekblad though. barkov must hate setting him up. he put that beautiful feed right back into halak. and whats worse? in the between periods interview he said he meant to do it. he actually said on that opportunity he got the puck where he wanted it to go but halak made the right save. what an astonishing statement. he had about 40% of empty net to shoot at and has zero accuracy. im pissed that he sucks, but im floored that he doesnt even understand the ways in which he sucks. man oh man what have they done with that deal?
Ekblad's best scoring opportunities are coming down low late on either side between the slot and the circle. He's mixing it up to give the defense a few things to think about. His last 3 goals have either been on the PP or 4 on 4. I give Boughner credit for going to his strength's rather than having him play conservative D at the point since he has a hard time containing a breakout turnover due to his lack of speed + his point shot has gone cold. We are better off having a forward with decent defensive capabilities rotate to his defensive position when opportunities present themselves.

From what I remember you are right that he had more net to shoot at on the Barkov pass but Halak looks like he got an arm on it rather than stopping it in his mid-section. :)

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
From what I remember you are right that he had more net to shoot at on the Barkov pass but Halak looks like he got an arm on it rather than stopping it in his mid-section. :)
watch it again in slow mo. absolutely awful. whether it was the arm or not. it was straight into halak when there was tons of net. its not like the shot was well placed and halak made a miracle desperation arm save. im always screaming at him to take the one timer.....now im seeing why he doesnt. so basically its wait till the goalie gets back into position, corale the puck and shoot, or one time it into his mid section. its really depressing.

Last edited:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
50% of posts here are complaints about Bjugstad. Can't complain after his performance = 100 post GDT :sarcasm:

Actually you can. I thought he actually looked effective tonight though, first time since the beginning of the season.

Now maybe if he can actually get on the score sheet.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Actually you can. I thought he actually looked effective tonight though, first time since the beginning of the season.

Now maybe if he can actually get on the score sheet.

He had a few good chances, some where the pass was off(Dads saucer pass in the 3rd IIRC) and others where he at least got it on net.

Hoping, for a miracle lol, that being on that line with Dadonov and Barkov can continue to give him those scoring chances and he can start converting soon?
Could tell he is frustrated after getting off a good scoring opportunity but coming up empty handed. Needs to get that monkey off his back again.

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
Can honestly say not a lot of complaints with this one. Players who are usually whipping boys on here played solid. Happy for Sateri, let Monty have Buffalo, then let's see what Hari can do against Detroit.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
50% of posts here are complaints about Bjugstad. Can't complain after his performance = 100 post GDT :sarcasm:

Well if we’re honest, he has 2 goals in his last 21 games while averaging 15 mins per night. But yes, he looked better last night, we’ll see if he can keep it up. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad