Pre-Game Talk: Panthers in SpartaCats Den, Thur 7:30 pm on TSN

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
If the trend continues with Karlsson playing only home games, he'll only play one more game this season. The remaining home game is Winnipeg on Monday, will be tough. The opportunity to lose out is large with Pittsburgh, Boston, and Winnipeg being 3 of the 5 remaining teams. It sucks to cheer for a loss but it makes sense at this point of the season. All that being said, it was definitely nice to see them pull out an overtime win in that fashion and getting off the losing streak they were on.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If the trend continues with Karlsson playing only home games, he'll only play one more game this season. The remaining home game is Winnipeg on Monday, will be tough. The opportunity to lose out is large with Pittsburgh, Boston, and Winnipeg being 3 of the 5 remaining teams. It sucks to cheer for a loss but it makes sense at this point of the season. All that being said, it was definitely nice to see them pull out an overtime win in that fashion and getting off the losing streak they were on.
I heard he is supposed to join the team on the road

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
I heard he is supposed to join the team on the road

Haha yah my phone alerted me with that update the moment I clicked post. Sucks enough to have to go through an ordeal like that privately, I can't imagine having to talk about it with media candidly like he has. Props to him.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
View attachment 108881

It's pretty basic logic to understand. The worse they finish the better the chance of a lottery pick. I would be happy finishing bottom 3, that gives us a solid chance at a top 3 pick.

It is pretty basic isn't it?

I mean the team we all cheer for beat a team that is firing all cylinders and did so with a penalty shot in OT.

But some of you prefer jerking off to spreadsheets I guess.

Nevermind the countless examples of teams getting plenty of high end picks and not doing much with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larionov

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Nah man.

You give up once the playoffs are an impossibility.

You played all your life to win? You score a big goal on a penalty shot in OT?

**** you!

They certainly seemed to have given up for the last few weeks, and certainly didn't play to win for a big chunk of the season, so why go all out in a meaningless OT with 5 games to go?

It's just stat padding at this point, nothing else.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
They certainly seemed to have given up for the last few weeks, and certainly didn't play to win for a big chunk of the season, so why go all out in a meaningless OT with 5 games to go?

It's just stat padding at this point,
nothing else.

You answered your own question. Most of the guys on the team will be looking for another contract sooner or later.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I was at the game last night, pretty much another boring game until the overtime & Anderson again was terrible. The crowd looked to be around 14,500 would be my guess & didn't get into it until they started doing the wave late in the third. Colin White seemed to be on the ice a lot playing with Smith, he looks NHL ready to me. IMO the stars on this team again last night were out played by the other players on this team who are at the least still working hard & trying their best. There first priority after the season has to be to address goaltending on this team, they are going nowhere if they can't get better goaltending.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I was at the game last night, pretty much another boring game until the overtime & Anderson again was terrible. The crowd looked to be around 14,500 would be my guess & didn't get into it until they started doing the wave late in the third. Colin White seemed to be on the ice a lot playing with Smith, he looks NHL ready to me. IMO the stars on this team again last night were out played by the other players on this team who are at the least still working hard & trying their best. There first priority after the season has to be to address goaltending on this team, they are going nowhere if they can't get better goaltending.
It feels like the goaltending is an issue in almost every game
They NEED to address it or it will be '17-18 all over again next season

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It's early on White, but he looks like a solid 3rd line guy without much offense.
At least we have that covered with White,Smith,Pyatt,Pageau,Ryan,Gabby
Im talking about the 3rd line guy without much offence

Might need some talent up front and in the net though

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
my phone app say 15,092 for attendance. considering that these are actual seats sold and not giveaways, i personally think attendance is holding up very well considering we've been out of it since forever

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
White had two grade A chances last night. He's not going to be an offensive dynamo but I think he'll be good enough offensively to be a 2nd/3rd tweener.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
my phone app say 15,092 for attendance. considering that these are actual seats sold and not giveaways, i personally think attendance is holding up very well considering we've been out of it since forever

15,095 (81.6% full) according to ESPN

remember, the people who pay for tickets, and show up for games, are seen as "the problem" by some people around here.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What does that have to do with anything? He could have been playing with Duchene and Hoffman and I'd still think the same.

I don't see the latent skill to be a top 6 guy, which is the same thing I've been saying since before he was drafted.

He's a right place right time kind of guy.

He will benefit immensily from playing with talented players.

He isn't a dynamic offensive player but plenty of great players aren't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad