Pre-Game Talk: Panthers in SpartaCats Den, Thur 7:30 pm on TSN

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Nothing changes in the standings ... yet As long as we are bottom 3 we have a good shot at at a top 5 pick. Detroit staying ahead is a good thing. Did anyone think we would finish dead last?

There's a pretty huge difference between each of the last three positions. Finishing 28th or 29th instead of 30th is just stupid.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I have no idea how some of you can be sad we won that game

What a great effort and what a great finish

Also, what an insane goal by Crosby. Just insane.
Shooting them straight in the net is not really a challenge ... rink em off the post and bat the rebound in that's how it's done

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There's a pretty huge difference between each of the last three positions. Finishing 28th or 29th instead of 30th is just stupid.
pretty sure it hasn't all been decided yet... They play games... sometimes the other team plays like shit. How is that in the realm of stupid.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Decided to watch the game and not read or comment until it was over.

When Pageau shows up his offensive skill like tonight you feel like they don't have to go looking for a 2nd line centre. Even without his goal I really like Paajarvi and don't see why teams gave up on him at the price he's getting. I could see if he was overpaid but for a sub-million dollar player you can't ask for more. I thought Dorion should re-sign him for a year but now I think he could bump that up to a 2 year deal if that's what it takes as long as he keeps it under a million per. Maybe it's because it's Florida but our young D didn't look out of place tonight. Chabot is so cool with the puck I can't wait to see this guy start the season as a regular next season.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Because instead of winning these 100% meaningless games, we want to maximize our chances for a player that can win us games in the future.

We will get a great player no matter what.

I don't disagree that getting first overall is better than second or third but man...

Penalty shot in OT? That is some epic stuff. It's crazy to me that some people's first reaction is being annoyed.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013

I don't disagree that getting first overall is better than second or third but man...

Penalty shot in OT? That is some epic stuff. It's crazy to me that some people's first reaction is being annoyed.

We're probably annoyed because the team was laughworthy bad for 50 games this season, and now play some decent hockey when it is completely meaningless.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
First interview with EK since the loss of his son. He was truly courageous, and professional as always.

I have to give kudos to the media for being as respectful as they were with him.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I haven't really looked all that deeply at the draft this year, but my gut feeling tells me there isn't a whole lot that separates #3 from #10. The only picks that really stand out are 1 and 2, so from this point, it really doesn't matter all that much where we finish. All the hopes rest on the lotto balls, and the odds for the bottom 4 teams aren't all that different.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
White looks good. That sweet pass to Smith at the blueline. Couple of takeaways, makes smith and Paajarvi immediately look more prominent.

Chabot, danngg. so close. Overtime seems to be the Karl-Chabot show, with JG as the closer.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna

Screenshot_20180329-195023.png

It's pretty basic logic to understand. The worse they finish the better the chance of a lottery pick. I would be happy finishing bottom 3, that gives us a solid chance at a top 3 pick.

Last edited:

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
I haven't really looked all that deeply at the draft this year, but my gut feeling tells me there isn't a whole lot that separates #3 from #10. The only picks that really stand out are 1 and 2, so from this point, it really doesn't matter all that much where we finish. All the hopes rest on the lotto balls, and the odds for the bottom 4 teams aren't all that different.
I agree about the odds being nothing really to stress about. But there are some real strong talents available early. Svechnikov, Zadina, Brady Katchuk up front with Boqvist or Whalstrom if we want a D man.

I might be biased because I listen to the hype, But I wouldn't mind drafting Zadina, he just scores every time he touches the puck, apparently svechnikov does too, they would be nice additions probably next year, And Craig Button really likes Katchuk more than any of the forwards behind Dahlin. I can't disagree with him, his brother is good and apparently he is even better,

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd like to see the Sens get 1st overall .. that would be awesome.. The fact is there are games to play out the year..
Senators are 4-6 in their last 10 games .. they have been playing looser since the TDL. I'm sure Boucher isn't correcting them on holding their sticks at the precise angle he wants and when they are not in the exact square foot of ice he wants either. When Karlsson plays with the top 6 guys we have they can win sometimes .. they are not as good as a 500 team right now.. I get people want them to lose and finish as close to the bottom as possible , but its just not going to happen every single game. Everyone understands the odds are better the lower they finish. Who is supposed to make the Sens lose ... the players.. they hit the ice , they compete and they want to beat the team they are against... are they supposed to be told to lose....Does anyone think Boucher will coach to purposefully lose .. it may have looked that way to some .. but he is doing what he believes in to get them to win any game they are in. The team is bad enough to finish near the bottom .. and that is what they are doing. I am ok with them losing because it helps their cause at the draft, but I am not going to chastise them for trying to win and actually winning one here and there.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I agree about the odds being nothing really to stress about. But there are some real strong talents available early. Svechnikov, Zadina, Brady Katchuk up front with Boqvist or Whalstrom if we want a D man.

I might be biased because I listen to the hype, But I wouldn't mind drafting Zadina, he just scores every time he touches the puck, apparently svechnikov does too, they would be nice additions probably next year, And Craig Button really likes Katchuk more than any of the forwards behind Dahlin. I can't disagree with him, his brother is good and apparently he is even better,

You mean Dobson? Wahlstrom is a C.

Reactions: Hands of Stone

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

There's a actually a big advantage to finishing dead last, and that should be the main goal at this point.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
There's a actually a big advantage to finishing dead last, and that should be the main goal at this point.
Who's goal? the fans .. sure.

Dzingle-Duchene-Ryan
Pyatt-Pageau-Hoffman
Paajarvi-Smith-White
McCormick-Chlapik-Burrows

Chabot Karlsson
Boro Ceci
Wolanin Claesson.

That is as inexperienced a lineup as we have iced for the most part... Who's going to tell Karlsson to sit out?
This lineup faced a team fighting for their playoff lives .. The other team didn't compete hard enough to win.. but they had a very good chance non the less.. Now who exactly should have the goal to lose this game towards the goal of finishing lower in the standings?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yah as soon as we played him on his natural side .. IE Left .. he was able to dig right into that steak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->