Panthers In 5 Years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman13

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
I was looking through this year's Hockey News Yearbook, and was noticing how many good prospects Florida have. I am not a fan of the Panthers, but they have got a really good group of prospects and young players already with them. If they stuck with these players, and if they all developed right (a big IF), the Panthers could have a team like this in 5 years:

Centers:
Horton
Weiss
Taticek
Campbell

Wingers:
Stewart
Novoseltsev
Jardine
Hordichuk
Huselius
Shvidki

Defence:
Bouwmeester
Mezei
Novak
Krajicek
Biron
Kudroc
Rossiter

Goalie:
Luongo

To me, that looks like an excellent team. Of course, Shvidki and Novosletsev would have to turn their careers around, and the others realize their potential. What do you guys think? Any other organizations that could have a team like this (potentially) in a few years?

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
How bout' Nashville?

Legwand, Arkhipov, Hartnell, Hall, Tootoo, Upshall, Erat, Glazachev, Shishkanov, Zidlicky, Hamhuis, Klein, Suter, Stehlik, Lasak, Finley...

5 years...Nashville vs. Florida for the Cup? :dunno:

GlueleG

Mar 29, 2002
Brooklin, Ontario
Visit site
Sandman13 said:
I was looking through this year's Hockey News Yearbook, and was noticing how many good prospects Florida have. I am not a fan of the Panthers, but they have got a really good group of prospects and young players already with them. If they stuck with these players, and if they all developed right (a big IF), the Panthers could have a team like this in 5 years:

Centers:
Horton
Weiss
Taticek
Campbell

Wingers:
Stewart
Novoseltsev
Jardine
Hordichuk
Huselius
Shvidki

Defence:
Bouwmeester
Mezei
Novak
Krajicek
Biron
Kudroc
Rossiter

Goalie:
Luongo

To me, that looks like an excellent team. Of course, Shvidki and Novosletsev would have to turn their careers around, and the others realize their potential. What do you guys think? Any other organizations that could have a team like this (potentially) in a few years?

And Roussin too if he pans out....

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Pfffft. If the Panthers keep Dudley in charge he'll just trade away the young guys for even younger guys and try to supplement his team with more wily veterans like Lyle Odelein or Stephane Matteau.

CoolburnIsGone

Sandman13 said:

Centers:
Horton
Weiss
Taticek
Campbell

Wingers:
Stewart
Novoseltsev
Jardine
Hordichuk
Huselius
Shvidki

Defence:
Bouwmeester
Mezei
Novak
Krajicek
Biron
Kudroc
Rossiter

Goalie:
Luongo

Just for clarification, Campbell is more likely to play a winger position as opposed to center (though he can play all 3 forward positions) due to the depth at center. Another decent few forward prospects left out was Globke, Kreps & Meyer who could all be 2nd-3rd line players as well. Also, from this season's play, Biron and Rossiter don't seem to pan out all that well with the jury still out on Kudroc & Novak due to injuries.

Maithz

Habs have a good group of prospect too , Hossa , Komisarek , Hainsey , Higgins , Balej , Plekanec , Perezhogin , Ward , Ryder , Kastsitsyn , Korneev .

Perezhogin - Koivu - Kastsitsyn

Higgins - Ribeiro - Balej

Hossa - Plekanec - Ryder

Ward - Gratton - Ferland

Hainsey - Komisarek

Markov - Archer ?

Souray - Korneev

Theo
Garon

Chicago also have a good group of prospects .

Last edited by a moderator:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
provided our sorry excuse for a GM doesnt trade em all away... (only listed the ones i honestly think have a change to make the NHL)

C
T Ruutu
M Yakubov
J Viukhola

Wingers
I Radulov
P Vorobiev
M Ellison
A Kojevnikov

D
A Babchuk
B Seabrook
J Wisniewski
M Barinka
L Kukkonen
D Byfuglien

Goalie (yipes)
M Leighton
C Andersson
C Crawford
M Ayers
M Brodeur

YellHockey*

Zherdev said:
How bout' Nashville?

Legwand, Arkhipov, Hartnell, Hall, Tootoo, Upshall, Erat, Glazachev, Shishkanov, Zidlicky, Hamhuis, Klein, Suter, Stehlik, Lasak, Finley...

5 years...Nashville vs. Florida for the Cup? :dunno:

I don't see anyone on the list with the upside of Bouwmeester, Horton, Luongo or maybe even Weiss.

Those guys are bluechippers who could be among the first team all-stars.

While Nashville has a lot of good prospects, they don't have the elite prospects that the Panthers do.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
BigDaddyMeatWhistle said:
I don't see anyone on the list with the upside of Bouwmeester, Horton, Luongo or maybe even Weiss.

Those guys are bluechippers who could be among the first team all-stars.

While Nashville has a lot of good prospects, they don't have the elite prospects that the Panthers do.
Damn straight :handclap:

Novo will not make it. Jardine will probably not be on the team. Don't forget Kreps.

I am Jack's Fish

Panthers won't make it through the lock-out. They either will fold the team or move to another city.

thestonedkoala

Minnesota:

Centers:
Patrick O'Sullivan
Mikko Koivu
Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Rickard Wallin
Dan Cavanaugh
Mark Cullen
Marc Cavosie

Wingers:
Kyle Wanvig
Brent Burns
Marian Gaborik
Pascal Dupuis
Mika Hannula
Matt Foy
Stephane Veilleux

Defensemen:
Nick Schultz
Chris Heid
Eric Reitz
Zbenyk Michalek
Grigory Misharin
Jean-Michal Bolduc

Goalies:
Josh Harding
Barry Brust
Kyle 'Skittles' Kettles
Frederic Cloutier
Johan Holmqvist

Minnesota is missing an elite defensemen but in truth they don't need one. They got a lot of good players coming through their system and the jury is still out on how good Burns, O'Sullivan, Gaborik, Koivu, and Bouchard really are. Wanvig and Wallin will be excellent depth players along with Cavanaugh and Cullen being a good face off player. The neat thing is, a lot of these guys can be moved from center to wing to center :D

Hoffer

Dec 23, 2003
British Columbia
Minnesota Prospects

Minnesota Wild are developping, but in no way do they have any solid depth right now besides at goaltender. With Holmqvist in the AHL, and Harding and Brust waiting in the doub, the rest of the team looks bleak right now as they are just trying to form an identity. Give them some time to add to their depth. O'Sullivan, good work, Koivu, hopefully he can turn it around, and Bouchard Great! However, besides Wanvig, Burns, Gaborik, and Dupuis, they lack on the wings. As well there is only Shultz and Mitchell on the backend. Florida is a great organization when it comes to prospects as they have had time to do so, something Minnesota hasn't, but will.

thestonedkoala said:
Minnesota:

Centers:
Patrick O'Sullivan
Mikko Koivu
Pierre-Marc Bouchard
Rickard Wallin
Dan Cavanaugh
Mark Cullen
Marc Cavosie

Wingers:
Kyle Wanvig
Brent Burns
Marian Gaborik
Pascal Dupuis
Mika Hannula
Matt Foy
Stephane Veilleux

Defensemen:
Nick Schultz
Chris Heid
Eric Reitz
Zbenyk Michalek
Grigory Misharin
Jean-Michal Bolduc

Goalies:
Josh Harding
Barry Brust
Kyle 'Skittles' Kettles
Frederic Cloutier
Johan Holmqvist

Minnesota is missing an elite defensemen but in truth they don't need one. They got a lot of good players coming through their system and the jury is still out on how good Burns, O'Sullivan, Gaborik, Koivu, and Bouchard really are. Wanvig and Wallin will be excellent depth players along with Cavanaugh and Cullen being a good face off player. The neat thing is, a lot of these guys can be moved from center to wing to center :D

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Sandman13 said:

Centers:
Horton
Weiss
Taticek
Campbell

Wingers:
Stewart
Novoseltsev
Jardine
Hordichuk
Huselius
Shvidki

Defence:
Bouwmeester
Mezei
Novak
Krajicek
Biron
Kudroc
Rossiter

Goalie:
Luongo

What's about Jokinen??? He's there best one and early 25 years old!

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
Vlad The Impaler said:
What makes you say that?

His constant, annoying push for the boring Miami Manatees. :cry:

Bonzai said:
I love how every thread on prospects turns into fans posting lists of their teams bluechippers and how amazing they all are going to be....

Tell me about it! Start a thread for your team if you insist on discussing their prospects.

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
Pfffft. If the Panthers keep Dudley in charge he'll just trade away the young guys for even younger guys and try to supplement his team with more wily veterans like Lyle Odelein or Stephane Matteau.

Even if Dudley did want to, the owners will not let any young talent be traded without their approval.

thestonedkoala

Hoffer 1) Did you see Wanvig play when he was called up 2) Did you see Reitz at the Prospect Tournament Camp 3) Have you seen Hannula play EVER 4) Have you seen Foy play with Bouchard yet? Especially during the Pre-Season? 5) Do you know anything about Cavanaugh, Cullen, or Cavosie?

We also got Henry, Kuba, and Zyuzin on the blueline, they are all 26 years or younger. It's not just who you have in the system but the veterans that are pretty young playing with your team.

Lemaire likes to also juggle the line up, so it's hard to tell what the lines are going to be.

Michalek

Mar 3, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Saprykin-Reinprecht-Iginla
Nystrom-Lombardi-Kobasew
3rd line ; who ever will develop

On the other hand our D rock!
Phenauf-Leopold
Regehr-Lydman
Warrener-Ramholt

Status