McKenzie: Panthers, Hurricanes, Flames, and Jets interested in Alec Martinez (asking price is 2nd + prospect)

wasunder

Aug 21, 2014
Seems like a Flames move, they love trading for defenceman. They also hate second round picks. Guys like Dube, Andersson, and Kylington are trash and would never be helpful to an organization

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
overpayment

pure 3rd pair D, if ur plan is to have him play on ur 2nd pair then u shouldnt even bother trading for him (u wont be a serious contender)

Reactions: hn777

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Alec is just a solid jack of all trades. He’d be a good pick up for any team. He is a 3 or 4 on most teams.
Agreed. If Bob Mackenzie is correct, the asking price of a second plus a B prospect is very fair.

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
At this point I think the Flames are closer to being a seller than a buyer. I can’t see them coughing up that much for a secondary piece when they’re nowhere near being a contender.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
At this point I think the Flames are closer to being a seller than a buyer. I can’t see them coughing up that much for a secondary piece when they’re nowhere near being a contender.

Yeah if Gio-Hamonic are healthy, the Flames don't have a need for Martinez. And if they aren't, it's not worth trading assets for him since we aren't a contender. We might not be a contender with those guys. I feel like we might as well deal Hamonic if he gets healthy and the prices are high like this.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Vegas is probably looking at this trade. I think a 2nd, Deliberatore/Schuldt, Merrill. LA would get a pick and a younger defenseman to fit their rebuild. And Merrill to ensure you lose as much as possible in the quest for Lafreniere.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
No idea why the Flames would do this, our team is hot trash and we need to sell assets, not add.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->