George Richards Panthers have talked with Sheahan about re-signing

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'd only do it if it's one year, giving term to older bottom6 players is always a bad idea.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
I'd only do it if it's one year, giving term to older bottom6 players is always a bad idea.

One year offer and he walks. If both sides are talking, you're looking at 3 years, with give on the AAV. He's only 27 and your 4C is locked in for the foreseeable future.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
One year offer and he walks. If both sides are talking, you're looking at 3 years, with give on the AAV. He's only 27 and your 4C is locked in for the foreseeable future.
Then he walks, Sheahan isn't going to make or break this team making the playoffs. He's also old enough that he probably is what he is at this point (4C), with little room for improvement. He has no leverage to command term, if some team wants to give that to him, good for him. I just hope it won't be us.

I doubt management is prepared to give term to a player at that spot (whether it's Sheahan or someone else from UFA), when Lammikko is already knocking on the door. There's plenty of veteran 4C caliber players in free agency that'll be happy with a 1 year deal (hell, even a PTO) and give competition to Juho.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Then he walks, Sheahan isn't going to make or break this team making the playoffs. He's also old enough that he probably is what he is at this point (4C), with little room for improvement. He has no leverage to command term, if some team wants to give that to him, good for him. I just hope it won't be us.

I doubt management is prepared to give term to a player at that spot (whether it's Sheahan or someone else from UFA), when Lammikko is already knocking on the door. There's plenty of veteran 4C caliber players in free agency that'll be happy with a 1 year deal (hell, even a PTO) and give competition to Juho.

Ehh I've seen more out of Sheahan in his few games here than Lammikko all year. I wouldn't underestimate the importance of a good 4C.

Something around 1.5-1.75 million for two-three years and I'm ok with it.

Reactions: pantherbot

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
You guys think Sheehan is better than Brassard ? Brassard seems to be the logical choice to resign out of the two. Brassard has a history and putting up points with good offensive wingers

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
You guys think Sheehan is better than Brassard ? Brassard seems to be the logical choice to resign out of the two. Brassard has a history and putting up points with good offensive wingers

Need a winger. Signing another C, who will likely be overpaid is not a good strategy. It’ll also hinder our space for free agency. Sheahan has more of what we need in bottom 6 right now and should be cheaper. I’d be cashing in on Brassard. Sounds like Tallon will keep Sheahan if he thinks there’s a decent chance he’ll sign.

Reactions: I am not exposed

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Nobody is saying Sheahan is better than Brassard, its just Sheahan is a good option to center our 4th line for the next couple of years. No need to sign Brassard when we are set at center, and there is a better pool of players to choose from once free agency starts.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad