Panthers going with 5 forwards on PP

Nordiques1979

Nov 29, 2009
Laval QC
Florida will be rolling for the first time ( ?? I think?) a full PP forward unit Barkov-Dadonov-Huberdeau-Hoffman-Trochek.

Will it be the new trend this year?

I know that having a dman on the PP is kinda the security factor but wonder what the use to always have one?

Wonder how the second unit will looks like, I always thought that balanced PP unit was the key for me.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Florida will be rolling for the first time ( ?? I think?) a full PP forward unit Barkov-Dadonov-Huberdeau-Hoffman-Trochek.

Will it be the new trend this year?

I know that having a dman on the PP is kinda the security factor but wonder what the use to always have one?

Wonder how the second unit will looks like, I always thought that balanced PP unit was the key for me.
Tampa did that during the Boucher era toward the end. It wasn't super effective. Generally I think Dmen are more accustomed to the QB-duties.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
He's not better on the pp than any of the 5 forwards they're using.

thats funny because he had 1 less point on the powerplay than huberdeau last year and more points than barkov while being a dman who can defend on any shorthanded breakout

its going to bite them in the ass having a forward back there over yandle, its a different kind of defending than what forwards are used to and grabners, karlssons, armias and watsons are going to take advantage of that

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I have no problem with it

they can always sub in Yandle for 1 of them in the future

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Barkov is QB in this set up.
Might've been better results tonight but for Vasilevskii.
Still not sure why you'd throw this unit out in the third with a one goal lead, though....
SHG by TB tied the game....whoops. Crazy lucky bounce led to the goal, but still....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->