NFL: Panthers fire Ron Rivera

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
An elite coach? :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
Yep, he's certainly not elite. His Panthers teams didn't even make the playoffs more than half the seasons he was there and never had back to back winning seasons, and that wasn't because we were a dumpster fire like the Browns or Jets, it's because he has some major deficiencies as a head coach. He'll probably be better than many retread head coaches in the NFL, but that's not saying much.

Reactions: SnS

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
wow i forgot seifert coached the panthers. what a terrible HC he was

Everyone was excited when he was hired but he was simply there to collect the paycheck and it showed. I've never seen a more stone-faced coach in victory or defeat quite like Seifert.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
The riverboat finally took on too much water. Panthers are going to be QB hunting and HC hunting come the off-season. Feel like Ron should get a second crack as a HC somewhere. He would certainly be a better option than Gase in NY or Kitchens in Cleveland?
That's not saying much

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Everyone was excited when he was hired but he was simply there to collect the paycheck and it showed. I've never seen a more stone-faced coach in victory or defeat quite like Seifert.
he took what bill walsh had built and rode it to a couple titles in SF

seifert was never a good HC

Reactions: HisIceness

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
If I’m the Panthers I’d target Greg Roman from Baltimore as one of my top candidates.

Rivera should have a few teams inquiring.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I'd personally give McDaniels a 2nd chance with the offense that the Panthers have currently he would be pretty nice fit compared to the Broncos in his previous stint. Would probably be able to utilize McCaffrey the best out of all the coaches available if he's looking for a HC job after the season.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The riverboat finally took on too much water. Panthers are going to be QB hunting and HC hunting come the off-season. Feel like Ron should get a second crack as a HC somewhere. He would certainly be a better option than Gase in NY or Kitchens in Cleveland?
Gase’s job is apparently safe.

But there’s a fair amount of talk about him replacing Kitchens. Dorsey’s seat is about to get really hot after yet another losing season - especially since they were supposed to make the playoffs this year.

he took what bill walsh had built and rode it to a couple titles in SF

seifert was never a good HC

Literally roads his coattails. Thank God Canton saw that and has never elected him.

I'd personally give McDaniels a 2nd chance with the offense that the Panthers have currently he would be pretty nice fit compared to the Broncos in his previous stint. Would probably be able to utilize McCaffrey the best out of all the coaches available if he's looking for a HC job after the season.

At least in this case he could find or get his own QB and as you said already have a top 3 RB. Would certainly be a blank slate.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If I’m the Panthers I’d target Greg Roman from Baltimore as one of my top candidates.

Rivera should have a few teams inquiring.

I’d wait on hiring Roman. There’s a chance teams will figure out his scheme by next year and it won’t look as good. Similar to LJ, he’s been fantastic but teams will now have 16 games of film on him and know how to slow him down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->