NFL: Panthers fire GM Scott Fitterer

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Consequence of the bust of a Young pick, that further costing them this year's first, and the horrible roster management all around. Too bad the owner that was also involved can't get canned.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Extremely well deserved.

Too bad you can't fire the biggest black eye in that organization.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Probably gonna have to wait for someone to write a book on it.
At least until their contracts expire in order to get their remaining money.
Look at the Texans, dealt an extra 1, 2, 3 to AZ to get Will Anderson and they are currently slotted to draft around 20 this year, when most had their pick top 10.

Dealing the next year's first is common in a trade up for a QB scenario.

Goff, Wentz, Mahomes, Watson, Fields, Lance trade ups all cost their team their first the following season.

Carolina was just terrible this season. Looked nothing like the team that Wilks coached in the second half of 2022.

Did they really like Stroud over Young?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Consequence of the bust of a Young pick, that further costing them this year's first, and the horrible roster management all around. Too bad the owner that was also involved can't get canned.

Stupid trade even at the time. I understand if the guy available is a cream of the crop prospect but that wasn't and isn't Young IMO.

Could've stood pat knowing this years draft would have some good QBs available.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Stupid trade even at the time. I understand if the guy available is a cream of the crop prospect but that wasn't and isn't Young IMO.

Could've stood pat knowing this years draft would have some good QBs available.
That's more on the owner than anyone else.

I mean, Carolina could have done what ATL did and let a mid round pick Corral take the helm in 2023 to see what they had. Tepper got frustrated with Darnold/Baker the prior 2 seasons. Wanted it solved.

But, you can't trade up for a QB when you don't have much on the roster. Carolina eating $55 mill in dead cap, but TB and Rams eating like $75 mill and made the PO.

No matter what, any trade up for Carolina would have involved their 2024 first. Only either their 2026 2nd or SF's 2023 2nd could have been removed. Maybe they should have sent Burns to Chicago over Moore to give Young someone to throw to. But, that's the price tag Chicago was looking for.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad