Confirmed with Link: Panthers extend qualifying offers to RFAs Reinhart, Lammikko, Montembeault and Priskie

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
So guys that didn't get qualified:

Wallmark
Bajkov
Morrison

Massie
Rauhauser

Bednard

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I'm really surprised we didn't qualify Bednard, especially after trading Levi. The rest I could leave or take.
We might still sign him, but yes, it does look odd. I would've thought Monty is the one walking.

Also Lammikko, please put the poor guy out of his misery and let him try with another team.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Very surprised that both Lammikko and Juulsen were qualified.

I still think that Lammikko will leave for Europe. Honestly seems like kind of a dick move to not even give him a chance to field offers from another team who might want to give him a 12th/13th/14th forward role. Because he is completely outranked here.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

I still think that Lammikko will leave for Europe. Honestly seems like kind of a dick move to not even give him a chance to field offers from another team who might want to give him a 12th/13th/14th forward role. Because he is completely outranked here.

I'd reckon that Q liked something about their game... which is completely unknown to me. Lammikko, for an instance, is a decent player: doesn't hurt you but doesn't provide anything you'd trade assets for.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

Barkov did say Lammikko is a great teammate in one of his interviews, so maybe they want a depth guy like that around. Doesn't hurt that he can play center or LW.

But yes, I can agree with you that we should've let him try with another team. Maybe they're hoping to swap RFA rights with someone? :dunno:

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
I'd reckon that Q liked something about their game... which is completely unknown to me. Lammikko, for an instance, is a decent player: doesn't hurt you but doesn't provide anything you'd trade assets for.
I agree that he's a fine 13th forward. Serviceable 4C given the right line mates.
Issue is that he's what? Our 17th best forward at this point? And number our number 7 center on the depth chart? I'd be floored if he got a single game this year.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I agree that he's a fine 13th forward. Serviceable 4C given the right line mates.
Issue is that he's what? Our 17th best forward at this point? And number our number 7 center on the depth chart? I'd be floored if he got a single game this year.

It's difficult for him to play for the Panthers just by looking at the depth charts even if he played well in the AHL. I'd expect him to be traded at some point for another AHLer. Dominic Toninato got himself a two year deal (2way + 1way) with the Jets so it would be best for Lammikko himself to be traded to somewhere else.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Im more surprised that they qualified Lammikko. Lammikko and Reinhardt Forwards 14 Lundell 15, Denisenko 16 + late PTO and conditioning pick ups. sure more depth = more competition and with the Situation you better keep one more. But what and where is the Goal for Lammikko?

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee

I genuinely think they like Lammy and what he brings to the ice.

He's a solid extra forward that can handle defensive responsibility. Those guys don't grow on trees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad