Confirmed with Link: Panthers extend qualifying offers to RFAs Valk (signed in the KHL) & Weegar

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
They already signed him to a one-way AHL contract earlier this month. I want to see him as a bottom-six injury call-up this season.

-ghoste

Thanks man! My memory is brutal.
Ya if we didnt have Sceviour on his new deal, I'd like to see him on 4th line. He's making Hawryluk expendable in my opinion.
Wish he could play C though, possibly snag the 4C role when Mack is done but looks to be a RW if he makes NHL

Reactions: Ghoste

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Makes sense Wittchow didn't get one.
One would assume McCoshen and Stillman take up 2 of the 3 LD spots and Bystrom (LD) had a decent year in SPR this past year and signed for one more year.

Yeah, I like Bystrom. He's not nhl material but he's a good puck mover for our ahl squad. Having McCoshen back should bolster their blueline a lot. God knows they need it, they were a wreck in their own zone last season.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
at least dale sent qualifying offers. I always hold my breath with him on those.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Weegar's arbitration hearing set for 7/30.

I would think they will get it settled before then. They probably sent him a low qualifying offer just to get the ball rolling.

Petro got a little over $1M at his age. At 24, Weegar is headed into his 5th pro season which means he has 3 more years until he is a UFA. I see him signing for 1 year at $1.1M. If he is given a full 82 games this year instead of splitting time, he should put himself in position for $2M next year. I still think he has 2nd pairing potential and should get a fair shot to pair with Matheson at camp. Kiselevich being LH will go to the 3rd pair and he and Petro should get the prime shutdown minutes. Pysyk is the odd man out at this point unless they pull the same rotation crap with Petro, Pysyk and Weegar sharing games this year until one of Petro or Pysyk is dealt before the TDL. McCoshen heads off to Springfield to marinate and improve. Kiselevich is only signed for 1 year, so it's my guess he will go directly to UFA after showcasing with the Cats. Ian should slide in provided he shows improvement in the AHL.

Injuries to Matheson or Ekblad could open up an opportunity for Weegar to shine and earn himself a nice contract next year. Matheson was just a hair away from IR with that cheap hit from Oleksiak and I'm afraid Ek will always be concussion prone.

Petro only signing for 1 year means he will test UFA next year and probably head to his hometown of Edmonton. His brothers tweets kind of indicated that's where his heart is. :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad