Benoit out injured.

THE RETURN OF

hunny3.jpg

vCash on the Panthers it is

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Hunwick in, I'm expecting the 3rd loss in a row, and this is where the Avs start falling in standings.

Why this team doesn't care about the blueline I will never understand.

Why wont they make some trades for d-men to have some depth there. They'll do anything to get the forwards they want but not D. I just don't get it.

Good luck winning with Hunwick, specially how hard the schedule is getting for the Avs.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
I cant believe they are playing Hunwick... If Benoit's injury lingers AT ALL...bring up Barrie STAT.

Hunwick couldnt play his way out of a field...

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I cant believe they are playing Hunwick... If Benoit's injury lingers AT ALL...bring up Barrie STAT.

Hunwick couldnt play his way out of a field...

First off you need to change that avatar, secondly why they dont lay BArrie is beyond me, third I had a dream GSP got KO'd and we lost 4-2 to FLA tonight...I think we lose tonight

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The great start the Avs had looked very promising, although relatively easy schedule, no injuries until recently.

Now the schedule gets harder, injuries start to happen, and one glance at the roster, again it doesn't look like a playoff roster, and this is mainly on D.

Wild playing good,and with Blues and Hawks there, I'm gonna go ahead and say if the Avs don't upgrade the D and soon, they wont make the playoffs

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Hunwick, Holden in and Tanguay out indefinitely?

We're ****ed.

Didn't think I'd be hoping for Wilson to come back.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
With Benoit out, we'll probably see EJ a lot more on the PK.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Hejda - EJ
Holden - Guenin
Hunwick - Sarich

looks even more like the NHL's worst D group on paper than it did before. Hejda and EJ are going to have to play Suter type minutes

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
The great start the Avs had looked very promising, although relatively easy schedule, no injuries until recently.

Now the schedule gets harder, injuries start to happen, and one glance at the roster, again it doesn't look like a playoff roster, and this is mainly on D.

Wild playing good,and with Blues and Hawks there, I'm gonna go ahead and say if the Avs don't upgrade the D and soon, they wont make the playoffs

I agree. You just can't make the playoffs with only one good pairing. At least not in the west. With Benoit out and Guenin playing the way he has in the last few games Avs have two dmen who are not scaring the crap out of me.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Even with whole new management, seems like this organization is just blind and wont see the inevitable.

Do they really think they can compete with all the top teams in west with that depleted blue line?

I'm afraid they have been fooled by the hot start and the 14-4 record. They need to realize that there is plenty of time left in the season to miss the playoffs again.

I just hope they do something soon to prevent the falling in standings because this team can't afford to fall behind and play catch up the rest of the way. They wont make it. Only 1 point ahead of the 4th place in division.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So do we keep freaking out after we win this thing, or do remember to forget to stay humble and go back to mapping out our 70 win season on the schedule? Cause I'm ready to freak out either way, we've just got pick a direction and stick to it for more than a month.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
With Tanguay hurt, who do you want them to move for a dman? If we ship someone from offense, its going to be someone that we severely miss. None of our offensive prospects would net us much at all. All we have that teams would want, is Pickard and maybe Aitto. If we even considered moving Mac, Dutch, Landy, ROR or PAP I would be pretty pissed off. Stastny is huge to us this year, moving him would be a mistake.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
With Tanguay hurt, who do you want them to move for a dman? If we ship someone from offense, its going to be someone that we severely miss. None of our offensive prospects would net us much at all. All we have that teams would want, is Pickard and maybe Aitto. If we even considered moving Mac, Dutch, Landy, ROR or PAP I would be pretty pissed off. Stastny is huge to us this year, moving him would be a mistake.

The only forward I'd be okay to move is PAP, and I don't see that happening. We'd be thin on offense IMO. We already are without Downie and Tanguay.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Even with whole new management, seems like this organization is just blind and wont see the inevitable.

Do they really think they can compete with all the top teams in west with that depleted blue line?

I'm afraid they have been fooled by the hot start and the 14-4 record. They need to realize that there is plenty of time left in the season to miss the playoffs again.

I just hope they do something soon to prevent the falling in standings because this team can't afford to fall behind and play catch up the rest of the way. They wont make it. Only 1 point ahead of the 4th place in division.
We don't have the pieces to make a move for a good defenceman.

Our best chance is to hope two of Siemens/Bigras/Elliot/Barrie can make the team next year and have an impact.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

1st rounder and 2nd rounder and prospect maybe.

2 1st rounders can get you a top 4 d-man

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It sounds like Benoit is only out the one game, so there is that.

I just can't spend every day hoping for a miracle trade. Like it or not this is the hand we are dealt. Let's see what happens or if anyone gets called up. If a trade happens then fine but I also am not happy with the idea of moving a core piece.

I'm still not thrilled with the idea of dumping first rounders. There is a reason why nobody in Lake Erie is good enough to get called up. Orgazinational depth isn't going to materialize out of thin air.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
1st rounder and 2nd rounder and prospect maybe.

2 1st rounders can get you a top 4 d-man

I just don't like the idea of setting our prospect pool back even further then it already is. It's already pretty depleted. The d man we get better be damn worth it, and sign an extension with us.

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
It sounds like Benoit is only out the one game, so there is that.

I just can't spend every day hoping for a miracle trade. Like it or not this is the hand we are dealt. Let's see what happens or if anyone gets called up. If a trade happens then fine but I also am not happy with the idea of moving a core piece.

I'm still not thrilled with the idea of dumping first rounders. There is a reason why nobody in Lake Erie is good enough to get called up. Orgazinational depth isn't going to materialize out of thin air.

I hear ya brother, Varly is good and all, but he did set back our prospect pool with the price we paid for him. But a franchise goalie is worth it.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I could see someone getting called up tomorrow. Lake Erie just played back to back games, and has a 3rd game in 3 nights tonight, so if they called up someone, they would have been exhausted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->