Post-Game Talk: Panthers 4, Oilers 1

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
From the very top on down. Like white on rice.

The sad thing is, who’s out there to replace Chia? Don’t get me wrong, I think my cat Mew Mew could negotiate a better contract, but there’s no fixing the office of this organization.

My only hope is Yzerman. But would he even want to come here to this trainwreck? Chia has screwed this team nice and proper with bad cap management, so anyone would be very limited in the changes they can make in the next few years, which I'm sure is what you're alluding to.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This should be our lineup for the next game. Send JP and Yams to the AHL.

RNH-Mcdavid-Rattie
Reider-Mcdavid-Draisaitl
Caggiula-Mcdavid-Strome
Khaira-Mcdavid-Chaisson

Few tweaks

McDavid McDavid Caggiula
Reider Draisaitl McDavid
McDavid RNH McDavid
Hall McDavid Barzal

Klefbom McDavid
McDavid Nur-McDavid
McDavid Kelly McDavid (mother of Connor McDavid)

Coach: Connor McDavid's adorable Grandma.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
This should be our lineup for the next game. Send JP and Yams to the AHL.

RNH-Mcdavid-Rattie
Reider-Mcdavid-Draisaitl
Caggiula-Mcdavid-Strome
Khaira-Mcdavid-Chaisson

This line should not have been broken up. I get Rattie just drew back in and is getting his legs under him again, but the line was dominant late last year and throughout the pre-season; it needs time to gel again.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
That was sad. Need a shakeup in the lineup. Anyone know if Ethan Bear is still injured?

RNH-McDavid-Caggiula (not sure why they got away from this tbh)
Rieder-Draisaitl-Marody (I'd like to see Marody in a top 6 capacity)
Khaira-Strome-Chiasson (Not sure about this one)
Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian (Big and scary)

I guess Rattie hasn't been bad, but I'd prefer a lineup like this, with JP and Yama sent down.

Rattie should never have been slotted back to the top line IMO unless Drake faltered.

TMac might as well have played Drai with McD all over again next game. He makes no god damn sense

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
My only hope is Yzerman. But would he even want to come here to this trainwreck? Chia has screwed this team nice and proper with bad cap management, so anyone would be very limited in the changes they can make in the next few years, which I'm sure is what you're alluding to.

Yzerman is an Oilers wet dream, I’m afraid.

Hopefully the team is pissed and ready to roll against Colorado.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Convince him Alberta is closer than a Detroit to BC. It might just work :sarcasm:

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
enough of this. send pooly and yamo down for the season or at least for a long stint. they aren't ready. bring up Marody as an extra forward. he seems more ready than either of the aforementioned two.

Leave them all in Bakersfield and away from McLellan. Just bring up some career minor leaguer like Malone if they need a 13th forward.

Benson-Marody-Hebig
Yamamoto-Gamb-Puljujarvi

Let them rip it up

Reactions: Studz

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Few tweaks

McDavid McDavid Caggiula
Reider Draisaitl McDavid
McDavid RNH McDavid
Hall McDavid Barzal

Klefbom McDavid
McDavid Nur-McDavid
McDavid Kelly McDavid (mother of Connor McDavid)

Coach: Connor McDavid's adorable Grandma.

Talbot still in net though...
Lol

Reactions: NeverForget06

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Can we send Lucic, Strome, Puljujarvi, Yamamoto Benning, Talbot, Khaira, Rattie to Bakersfield also?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Don't need Yzerman, there are about 10-15 candidates that would be better than what we got now.

Bobby nicks holds presser to say chia has been relieved only to tell us Lowe and MacT are stepping in on an interim basis lol

Developing and hiring from within.

Something something Loilalty or whatever they market

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Bobby nicks holds presser to say chia has been relieved only to tell us Lowe and MacT are stepping in on an interim basis lol

Lowe would be an upgrade, at least you're going from 60-70% bad moves to only 40% or so. But we can do better than both.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
This road trip we've seen the real oilers. No winger depth. Garbage goaltending. Anemic powerplay. Subpar penalty kill.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This road trip we've seen the real oilers. No winger depth. Garbage goaltending. Anemic powerplay. Subpar penalty kill.

I think they're gonna be up and down like this all year. Some good stretches, followed by some putrid ones. It's just a reflection of a poorly constructed roster that still has the best player in the world on it.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Leave them all in Bakersfield and away from McLellan. Just bring up some career minor leaguer like Malone if they need a 13th forward.

Benson-Marody-Hebig
Yamamoto-Gamb-Puljujarvi

Let them rip it up
you might be right.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I think they're gonna be up and down like this all year. Some good stretches, followed by some putrid ones. It's just a reflection of a poorly constructed roster that still has the best player in the world on it.

Pretty much. Fans here will get excited over a 3 game win streak not realizing that those are the fluke streaks not these awful runs more representative of a team with Chiasson rattie and Lucic as winger depth.

This is a disgustingly built team. I genuinely hope they lose the next 3 straight if it will result in a coach and management change.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Puljujarvi is nowhere close to the talent Laine is. Not even close. Laine can pick a corner from 15 feet out with insane velocity, Jesse will shoot it 5 feet over the net or into the goalie's crest.

It's funny, I was constantly arguing that Puljujarvi was NOWHERE near Laine before that draft on here, against many people here. I believe Aerchon was one. So I'm well aware that he's not in the Laine Matthews tier and always thought that was laughable. And yet I have to say, you're totally exaggerating here.

I followed both prospects for two full years due to their early hype and Puljujarvi was not this totally confused and worthless in the offensive zone. I hated how his hands looked like rocks when he tried to deke, but he picked corners. He read the play beautifully for some really shifty passes and drives in the offensive zone. I believe @Zaddy will back me up on this (though he might state I'm overselling Pulju ;)).

Those are skills that, with time and confidence, should have translated at the NHL level. Unfortunately the Oilers typically (and as I predicted that offseason) completely failed to guide him and instead fed him clearly confusing advice on what he needs to do, leading to him not trusting (losing?) his instincts when he does gain the zone. He needs to be traded yesterday while he's still viewed as salvageable, or at the very least sent down to learn he can still dominate offensively. McLellan's usage of him is pretty much the worst possible thing for him short of total benching.

Reactions: Studz

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Yserman is still under contract till July 1st 2019 and my guess is that on the 2nd he becomes the big man with the wings. People keep bringing up he is from Cranbrook--he has not lived there for nearly 45 years--his family move east long time ago. He wants the wings job and I think he will get it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad