Post-Game Talk: Panthers 4 @ Blackhawks 3 OT - 4/29 * 8pm EST - v 4.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Even knowing the 4th line was out there, I wasn’t worried till Gudas didn’t clear the puck. Then I was like uh oh.

-ghoste
Yep: the fourth line was fine until it was on for too long

I do wonder if we go seven D in the playoffs: I wouldn’t mind Stralman or Kiersted floating in so we can bench Yandle

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

I do wonder if we go seven D in the playoffs: I wouldn’t mind Stralman or Kiersted floating in so we can bench Yandle

Yeah. I am hoping Stralman is just getting rested. He did actually look really good when the season started till he got hurt.

I dont mind having a Stralman Gudas pairing as a bottom pair.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Twice has Yandle been taken off the PP1, and twice has the puck ended up in the Panthers' net the first shift without him. It was a funny sequence in this game, where he really forced Q to demote him to the PP2. The PP1 immediately did nothing productive and almost gave up a goal, while the PP2 almost scored on the first shift with Yandle. Hate all you want, but you can't blame Q for seeing something you guys don't.

I love watching Wennberg play with confidence. He could easily have doubled up his two points, the way he was winning board battles and finding his wingers open in the slot. Not too long ago there seemed to be a risk of Barkov getting frustrated because he has to carry the team too much, so it is fun that both Bennett and Wennberg are productive. Good times!

LMAO

Completely ignoring the fact Yandle SANDBAGGED skating back to retrieve the puck and the Blackhawks announcers were laughing at him for lollygagging and gave up a prime chance that Knight bailed him out on. FOLLOWED by completely whiffing on the puck and having the absolute worse 2 on 1 coverage and Knight bails him out yet again.

And also ignoring the fact the only PP goal came from Weegar actually doing something with it. And this "successful" pp2 you speak of with him on it? It was because he was on the wing instead of quarterbacking and he was calling for one timers and didnt even shoot!

Hahahahahaha.

You know a player is bad when

a non Florida Panthers account is tweeting about him :laugh:

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Yandle looks like a nursing patient. plagued by arthritis. I can't wait for the playoffs only to be swept by the Bolts due to the adventures of the Sonkman.

Denisenko and Heponiemi provide much needed creativity for the top6. Q should use Heponiemi instead of Hubs on that 1PP group but we all know that Q doesn't really want to improve that unit. Deni's style of play suits well with how Barkov plays.

Knight had a good game for a rookie but a bad one at this level. That Gaudette goal summarizes well in which areas he would need to improve the most.

Lomberg has created some scoring chances for the three or four games, nice to see that from him.

Montour looks good. He does make some mistakes once in a while but he can get the puck out of the d-zone and can create offense. Zito should give him a three year deal.
Hopefully Zito can get rid off Yandle, Stralman and Gudas in the next off-season.

He overplayed his angle as he was anticipating the initial shot. He was way out when the puck get going to his right and his defenders were just waiving their stick.

The 2nd and 3rd goals was absolutely not on him.

He was spectacular in OT.

Thomas Colavecchio

Mar 24, 2019
Yup, Radko was stellar to start the season.

I think as the year has gone on, the cramped schedule along with babysitting Yandle has really worn on Gudas. I won't judge him on the latter half of this season because he's playing with a direct disadvantage with KY Jelly.

Please remember everyone that Gudas has come in and, while mostly being burdened by a pairing "partner" (or dare I say an anchor of a "partner" :naughty:) that more and more can barely get out of his own way; yet he still has been able to consistently provide the element of physicality that this team has sorely missed for:hit:a very long time.

Swede93

Sep 14, 2009
It’s tough when you can’t reverse it behind the net to your d partner because Yandle can’t handle any pressure and gives up the puck to avoid it. Gudas basically has half the ice when transitioning but 100% responsibility when protecting down low.
Tough assignment

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It’s tough when you can’t reverse it behind the net to your d partner because Yandle can’t handle any pressure and gives up the puck to avoid it. Gudas basically has half the ice when transitioning but 100% responsibility when protecting down low.
Tough assignment
Still laughing when Barkov dropped to him on the PP and say nah f*** that and took it back and then went and scored LOL against Nashville.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
2 hits for Yandle last night

WjgK0U.jpg

Tony-Farmer-Courtroom-Collapse.gif

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
with regard to Q playing 4th line down the stretch, seemed to me he was doing a couple of things (at least) - rewarding them for playing well and testing their mettle.

same thing goes for knight.

trying to get depth guys minutes under fire to prepare the playoffs.

my immediate gut response was "oh... he must not be so concerned with seeding at this point, maybe he's resigned to #3".

tho i admit it could be simply that he values that crunch time experience more than seeding and given his track record (and our lack thereof as NHL coaches), we ought to defer to him.

Another factor is simply injury prevention. If someone is gonna take a one-timer to the leg would you rather it be Barkov or a 4th liner after clinching a spot?

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Twice has Yandle been taken off the PP1, and twice has the puck ended up in the Panthers' net the first shift without him. It was a funny sequence in this game, where he really forced Q to demote him to the PP2. The PP1 immediately did nothing productive and almost gave up a goal, while the PP2 almost scored on the first shift with Yandle. Hate all you want, but you can't blame Q for seeing something you guys don't.

I love watching Wennberg play with confidence. He could easily have doubled up his two points, the way he was winning board battles and finding his wingers open in the slot. Not too long ago there seemed to be a risk of Barkov getting frustrated because he has to carry the team too much, so it is fun that both Bennett and Wennberg are productive. Good times!

How much is Yandle paying you?

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Can't see how anybody could assign any guilt on Spence on the first goal. He has to follow the puck to his left, so he slides over. Gaudette kicks it in the opposite direction. Cannot see how he should have changed his momentum that fast to stay completely between the net and the puck. Just piss poor coverage in front of him.

Reactions: Pigge

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Q needs to get Bob ready for the playoffs, get the defense ready while balancing attacking.
And get healthy.
Not a trivial job, but he's supposed to be an elite coach.
No way we can go into the playoffs with Knight in net against the Stanley Cup Champions
Bob has been outplayed by Driedger for 2 years and he's being outplayed by Knight. Let's stop with the "let's get Bob ready". He's had 83 games with the Panthers and he's still "not ready". Why should we believe that now is when he'll finally get it going?

Reactions: harv33173

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Bob has been outplayed by Driedger for 2 years and he's being outplayed by Knight. Let's stop with the "let's get Bob ready". He's had 83 games with the Panthers and he's still "not ready". Why should we believe that now is when he'll finally get it going?

He's just nervous. That's all! We need to mollycoddle him more!

Reactions: RogerRoger

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

I definitely prefer to see them going 7D come playoffs.
I imagine Q only plays KY a handful of shifts, because Tampa is going to really expose him.

Reactions: Jean Luc Discard

CursedCats

Mar 10, 2020
Okay, but then Bob or Driegs isn't at fault for their sub .900save% games either.

Oh yeah, gotta put the disclaimer here again in case you've forgotten... I didn't want this org to hire Bob.

Yes, that is correct. Sometimes they are not at fault.

When people criticize Bobrovsky, it’s not because he had a game or two with a save % under 90. Statistics mean more in large samples. Not to mention that Knight’s stats are fantastic after 3 games anyway.

Reactions: harv33173

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Yes, that is correct. Sometimes they are not at fault.

When people criticize Bobrovsky, it’s not because he had a game or two with a save % under 90. Statistics mean more in large samples. Not to mention that Knight’s stats are fantastic after 3 games anyway.
It’s also the fact that Knight made two big saves including one in Ot that saved it: we criticize Bob for not stepping up say against the Blckhawks a couple
Days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad