Post-Game Talk: Panthers 4 2021 US Mens Olympic diving team 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Not nearly as lopsided as the record shows.

I, for one, don't care much about how many games the Panthers have won against some particular team as long as they clinch a playoff spot. But on the other hand you don't win a percentage of games: either win 'n or you don't. So one could read Q's comments like he considers the Canes purely having lucky charms in their pockets and having no real skills or strategy to win those games against the Cats. For an instance, he probably considers that 1/9 PP% in the last game no biggie, just gotta keep sending that 1PP unit out there and disregard the success rate that the 2PP unit has over the 1st one.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Lol

I mean we have only conceded 13 out of 14 points to them and is one of the biggest reasons they will take 1st place right? :laugh:

I actually prefer this current setup. Let's hope for that Tampax is having a playoff hangover and we can capitalize on that.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
I actually prefer taking Tampa on as well first round. They’re our in state rivals and SC champs, beat them and we’ll go into a potential series with Carolina with greater mental fortitude and a good break in the momentum they’ve had against us. There would be much bigger belief if we get though Tampa basically.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I actually prefer taking Tampa on as well first round. They’re our in state rivals and SC champs, beat them and we’ll go into a potential series with Carolina with greater mental fortitude and a good break in the momentum they’ve had against us. There would be much bigger belief if we get though Tampa basically.
I mean, I'd rather have to take on one of Tampa or Carolina, instead of maybe both. :dunno:

Reactions: MustardStew

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I hate practically everything about the Hurricanes organization, I hope we kick their faces in tonight! Let's go!
Too be honest, I like Don Waddell. Back in the early 90’s he use to live by my grandparents when he was coaching the San Diego Gulls. One evening his garage door partially broke so it wouldn’t completely close. So myself and a few other family members walked over to help him at least get it to shut for the night. I want to say Doug Smail (a player) was with him as well but don’t quote me. He was truly grateful and hooked us up with Gulls tickets for helping. So with that tiny interaction, I can’t say anything bad about the man.

-ghoste

Reactions: Cold Cat

kerrabria

May 3, 2018

Very happy that Bennett is getting PP1 time. I would rather have any of our healthy other D (besides Stralman) QBing it though.
Wennberg and Vatrano deserve better than Gusev and Tippett on that second unit. Hopefully Duclair fully supplants one of them and then Verhaeghe the other.

Reactions: harv33173

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
If Luostarinen is gonna play wing, I think he should get a chance in the top 6.
Give him a period next to Barkov when Gusev inevitably gets demoted mid-game.

Reactions: harv33173

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
This being our last game against them in the regular season, would mean a lot to beat them for once. Puts the team in a better place mentally if we do face then in the first round knowing that yes, we can beat them. It is absurd how the season series has gone against them, doesn’t make sense. I get theyre a really good team, but why can’t we get a win? Truly bizarre. But placing a shooter like vatrano/Duclair on the right side or montour on the left side of the pp would be a nice step. Don’t see the point of putting Bennett there instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad