Confirmed with Link: Panther re-sign forward Juho Lammikko to a 1 year deal

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I put this in the Mamin thread as well, but I wanna put it here too.
----------------------------

So the way I see this:

Vatrano...gone
Lammikko...gone (yeah I know he got a QO, but I doubt he signs)

LINEUP LOCKS (8):
Barkov, Huberdeau, Verhaeghe, Bennett, Reinhart, Duclair, Hornqvist, Tippett

NOT GUARANTEED SPOTS (8), BOLDED ARE WAIVER EXEMPT (5):
Luostarinen, Lundell, Denisenko, Heponiemi, Acciari, Marchment, Lomberg, Mamin

Assuming we carry 14 forwards, it looks like at any given time, 2 of bolded above will be in the minors.
I'd expect Luostarinen and Denisenko to be the ones who start in the AHL playing on the first line.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Any word on whether it's one-way or two-way?
If it's one-way (which it has to be [but then again I've been proven wrong already]) then that's probably the end for Acciari/Luostarinen. Would rather lose Lammikko before Acciari, but it's whatever. If we're quitting on Eetu for Juho, I'll be mad.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Any word on whether it's one-way or two-way?
If it's one-way (which it has to be [but then again I've been proven wrong already]) then that's probably the end for Acciari/Luostarinen. Would rather lose Lammikko before Acciari, but it's whatever. If we're quitting on Eetu for Juho, I'll be mad.

-ghoste

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
They can still be buried in the AHL at zero cap, right? Since they're under 1 mil (though it does ensure they will get paid).
I guess this decreases the chance we lose them on waivers?
No, it enables us to lose them on waivers.
Players sign one-way deals when they don't want to be sent to the AHL. That way, if a team tries to send them down, they have to go through waivers and have the opportunity to be given a roster spot by any other team willing to take them.
This actually bugs me because now we have so many more guys (who can't be sent down) clogging up space for our young guys.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Players sign one-way deals when they don't want to be sent to the AHL. That way, if a team tries to send them down, they have to go through waivers and have the opportunity to be given a roster spot by any other team willing to take them.
Actually the waiver exempt thing still applies whether you're on 1-way or 2-way.

But I'd imagine if it came down to it, Zito would put a player on waivers even if he was exempt, because it gives good PR among players for future signings. Sort of we'll find you another spot if it doesn't work here.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I like Juho. He did a good job ok PK with Barky and some others. He also potted a couple of big goals. He’s not a liability even if his goal production isn’t big.

Reactions: Marco 85

Sparkman112

Jul 22, 2013
Pembroke pines
This actually bugs me because now we have so many more guys (who can't be sent down) clogging up space for our young guys.

Contracts don't have much to do with waiver eligibility. It's all about age and games played.

Waivers FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: walle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad