Panther Parkway Radio: Game Recap, Brad Boyes, College Cats, Trading & Free Agency

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Tune in to tonight’s show where we discuss the biggest Florida Panthers news of the week!

Host: Paige Lewis

Guests: Jameson Cooper, Mike Lewis (no relations to Paige) and Mike Obrand!

Topics:
-Montreal Game Recap
-Should the Panthers finish season on a high note?
-Brad Boyes slowing down without Barkov
-What position do the Panthers need to address first and foremost?
-College Cats
-Should we trade out first round pick?

http://pantherparkway.com/2014/03/3...-brad-boyes-college-cats-trading-free-agency/

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
I enjoy listening to these while cookering or doing chores or whatnot. Keeps well updated on Panthers team how they doing and what the future looks like and so on since theres not much anything you can read or hear here in Finland about the team.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
The only thing that Bobby Ryan can save is he can save this team from drafting in the top 10 when the next big NHL superstar is picked right in front of all our faces at the BB&T in 2015. We're better off keeping our pick for this upcoming draft and continuing to build the right way. By harvesting our own picks, strengthening our farm club and waiting patiently until they can hopeful turn out to be stars in the NHL.

I'm all for "asset management", but the moves need to make sense for our longterm success.

Pantherfan12

Jun 26, 2006
Sunrise,Florida
The only thing that Bobby Ryan can save is he can save this team from drafting in the top 10 when the next big NHL superstar is picked right in front of all our faces at the BB&T in 2015. We're better off keeping our pick for this upcoming draft and continuing to build the right way. By harvesting our own picks, strengthening our farm club and waiting patiently until they can hopeful turn out to be stars in the NHL.

I'm all for "asset management", but the moves need to make sense for our longterm success.

The problem with that theory is that it will not happen. We got screwed out of the 1st overall pick last year, We're NOT going to be picking 1st overall this year and I highly doubt Viola and Tallon want another embarrassing, disgusting, frustrating losing season next season just to see if we WIN the lottery and draft McDavid.
While I believe every Panther fan wants to see us draft McDavid, especially at home, and finally have our superstar, I think we can agree that Tallon and Viola are going to make a lot of changes come draft and free agency and do their best to ice a competitive team next season. I believe Tallon is going to trade that top draft pick for this up and coming draft as well as some players, prospects and even some more draft picks for a big named player. I believe Tallon will sign some big named players this offseason, overpriced or not, and I believe we won't be in the running for 1st overall next season. Whether it's the right move or not, it's going to happen that way. Viola does not want a losing franchise and by signing Gilbert,Boyes,Thomas and then Luongo, he's proven to me that he isn't afraid to spend money either.

I just want to know if McDavid really the 2nd coming of Crosby or not. Is he really that good, that you'd want to sacrifice another season to try and get him? What would happen if we got beat like last season,and get screwed out of the 1st overall pick? Do we trade for that pick? What is the asking price? Is it worth it? Can McDavid somehow qualify for this years' draft?

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
The problem with that theory is that it will not happen. We got screwed out of the 1st overall pick last year, We're NOT going to be picking 1st overall this year and I highly doubt Viola and Tallon want another embarrassing, disgusting, frustrating losing season next season just to see if we WIN the lottery and draft McDavid.
While I believe every Panther fan wants to see us draft McDavid, especially at home, and finally have our superstar, I think we can agree that Tallon and Viola are going to make a lot of changes come draft and free agency and do their best to ice a competitive team next season. I believe Tallon is going to trade that top draft pick for this up and coming draft as well as some players, prospects and even some more draft picks for a big named player. I believe Tallon will sign some big named players this offseason, overpriced or not, and I believe we won't be in the running for 1st overall next season. Whether it's the right move or not, it's going to happen that way. Viola does not want a losing franchise and by signing Gilbert,Boyes,Thomas and then Luongo, he's proven to me that he isn't afraid to spend money either.

I just want to know if McDavid really the 2nd coming of Crosby or not. Is he really that good, that you'd want to sacrifice another season to try and get him? What would happen if we got beat like last season,and get screwed out of the 1st overall pick? Do we trade for that pick? What is the asking price? Is it worth it? Can McDavid somehow qualify for this years' draft?

The new management wont take a "tank and see" attitude next season, they are going to do their best to put a winning product on the ice as soon as next season.

I have no problem trading this year's top-3 pick if it nets a guy like Ryan given that this year's draft lacks a 100% guaranteed star. We already have a ton of young pieces that could blossom, what we are lacking is proven stars to help our young guys play even better.

Sure we could take Sam Bennett and hope he pans out in a few years, or they could make a splash and bring in a guy like Bobby Ryan who would help Barkov take a big leap in his young career.

There really is no wrong answer, that's just my view on the discussion!

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
I enjoy listening to these while cookering or doing chores or whatnot. Keeps well updated on Panthers team how they doing and what the future looks like and so on since theres not much anything you can read or hear here in Finland about the team.

Thanks for listening! sorry we are talking Finnish talk at the moment, only Barkov update over the past month has been that I saw him walking around the arena and he seems in good spirits haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad