Line Combos: Panic Thread. Projected Line up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
All this panic made me go and look into our prospects for some reason. And now I feel better. Some great kids coming up the pipeline. Chlapik is on fire and Chabot and White are as close to sure things as you could probably want in a regular draft pick. I feel a little bit better.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
All this panic made me go and look into our prospects for some reason. And now I feel better. Some great kids coming up the pipeline. Chlapik is on fire and Chabot and White are as close to sure things as you could probably want in a regular draft pick. I feel a little bit better.

Dahlen is putting up some great numbers as well. And Logan Brown is fighting injuries this year, but I still feel he has the potential to become the best player out of any of our prospects.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
I'm not even panicking anymore.
After going through denial, anger and bargaining today I'm at depression stage at this point soon to accept the fact that this team is not going anywhere with this clueless GM and owner for that matter.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Chabot, White, Brown, Jaros, Englund, Chlapik, Hogberg, Gagne... I mean, it's not amazing, and things thin out after the top 10 or so guys, but we'll be alright. It's not like the cupboards are barren.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hoff - Turris - Stone
Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - Kelly - Burrows
Decent Depth Line up, need a legit top 6 player added to actually be considered good.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
We have 16 forwards now with everyone healthy. I'm guessing something has to give tomorrow at the TD? Lazar to be dumped for a pick?

I think after the TDL we have unlimited spots. I'm guessing guy like Kelly and Neil won't see ice for the rest of the year, and just stick around for support in the dressing room. But yes, Lazar for a pick might also make sense.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Hoff - Turris - Stone
Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
Stalberg - Kelly - Burrows
Decent Depth Line up, need a legit top 6 player added to actually be considered good.

Hoff-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Brassard-Burrows
Smith-Pageau-Ryan
Stalberg-Kelly-Pyatt

to start it seems burrows is brought in to be a top 6 guy. if so, then he could be a good fit with brassard.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Hoff-Turris-Stone
Dzingel-Brassard-Burrows
Smith-Pageau-Ryan
Stalberg-Kelly-Pyatt

to start it seems burrows is brought in to be a top 6 guy. if so, then he could be a good fit with brassard.

I would swap Burrows and Ryan, but that is a thick team to play against. Speed and hands on all 4 lines. Grit, sandpaper. If we can stay in the playoff race, this might be quite the team.

delchief

Jun 10, 2006
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Hoffman - Turris - Burrows
Dzingle - Pageau - Ryan
Stalberg - Wingels - Pyatt

Methot - Karlsson
Phaneuf - Ceci
Boro - Wideman

Andy/Condon

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
After going through denial, anger and bargaining today I'm at depression stage at this point soon to accept the fact that this team is not going anywhere with this clueless GM and owner for that matter.

The five stages, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

Maybe you just need to take a step back, and enjoy watching the team play instead of worrying about asset management. Dorion gets paid to worry about that stuff, you don't. He's a professional, you're not. We're close to the division lead, we have a gritty playoff-style team philosophy. Relax and enjoy the run and the upcoming playoffs.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014

They made moves that have made the team better.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
As the standings are today, you'd be playing Pittsburgh in the first round.

In this scenario, you'd want Burr on the 3rd line shutting down Crosby and friends.

Yeah. You want to have Burr stuck to Crosby like glue so to force Sullivan to start juggling his lines.

This is actually quite exciting because Burr hasn't been part of a good playoff team with a decent coach since 2012. I'm very eager to see how he plays.

huh? We'd be playing Boston if the post season started today

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
As the standings are today, you'd be playing Pittsburgh in the first round.

In this scenario, you'd want Burr on the 3rd line shutting down Crosby and friends.

Yeah. You want to have Burr stuck to Crosby like glue so to force Sullivan to start juggling his lines.

This is actually quite exciting because Burr hasn't been part of a good playoff team with a decent coach since 2012. I'm very eager to see how he plays.

Pretty sure we are in a divisional match-up spot. Only the wild cards can cross over to play out of division in the 1st round (and the top seeds of each division who play those wild card spots). Pens will play columbus at the moment.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Hoffman-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Turris-Burrows
Smith-Pageau-Ryan
Stalberg-Lazar-Pyatt
Wingles-Kelly-Neil

Thats how I would run the lines, now I dont expect Boucher to do that as he clearly doesnt trust Lazar. So realistically just swith Kelly and Lazar.

I dont want to see Wingles ever play another shift again, even if there are injuries id rather see Varone. Wingles has been terrible. Id even take Neil over him because atleast we know he will drop the mits and when he finishes his checks he will make the guy pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->