Line Combos: Panic Thread. Projected Line up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Bingo, kid needs to understand when you throw your weight around you may just have to back up your actions

At that point in the game the Sens were down a goal and needed to score more than take a penalty for instigating a fight.

The next time the Sens and Jets play is when the fight will happen.

Also, do you really think Trouba would accept a fight with Neil? And do you want Neil on the ice with 9 mins left in a game where you are down a goal and all he is doing is chasing Trouba around the ice rather than trying to help his team win?

Side note, having an enforcer does not stop hits like this from happening. You think Trouba had even one split second of a thought of, "Oh man, Chris Neil has been on the bench for 56 minutes of this game. Maybe I shouldn't throw this hit because he might get a shift and challenge me to a fight!"

Next game is when Trouba gets punched in the face.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Akeson is on an AHL contract, he would need to be signed before called up.

Mccormick and Bailey :help: yikes. These two guys do not have nhl skill.

Akeson with Varone have been on fire especially the pp, probably worth signing him.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
So what is it looking like. I think Wingels is ok if they called up only 2.

So:

Smith - Brassard - Wingels
Dzingel - Turris - Bailey
Pyatt - JGP - Lazar
Mac - Kelly - Neil

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
While yes, maybe someone should have got after Trouba at some point, but we were trailing and losing healthy body's fast. The team couldn't afford to lose any other player for any reason.

My biggest problem is with your second statement, do you really think players think this way.

Do the Matt Cooke's and Jacob Trouba's off the world actually say to themselves:
"uh-oh, we are playing the Ottawa Senators, I better make sure I don't knock someone out cold cause this team will make me accountable"

It is the league's job to protect its players, so the suspensions will be what deters these hits, not the presence of a bunch of goons going after Trouba.

The game is played at a fast pace, these hits will happen no matter the opposition, until the league steps in and makes players think twice.

I absolutely think they do. This is the top league in the world, they're certainly going to be doing extensive scouting of opponents. If a team feels like they can impose their will and bully a weak opponent then they will play with more of an edge. The Oilers used to be a poster child for a weak opponent that could be bullied into submission. Guys like Cooke or Sean Avery are just nutcases that play with an edge always on, Trouba is a guy who picks his spots. You show that you're going to get punched in the face if you try stuff against this team then you're probably going to have more restraint in your spot picking.

Watching one of your guys getting drilled with a headshot on the ice I'm sure it's more likely that "I'm going to stick up for my guy and get after Trouba" would be going through guys heads then "I really need to be careful here because we might be down another man".

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Ugh, do not want to watch Bailey with the big club again

From what I understand bailey has been scoring a lot so I guess management is hoping it carries over

... I got no justification for max

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I absolutely think they do. This is the top league in the world, they're certainly going to be doing extensive scouting of opponents. If a team feels like they can impose their will and bully a weak opponent then they will play with more of an edge. The Oilers used to be a poster child for a weak opponent that could be bullied into submission. Guys like Cooke or Sean Avery are just nutcases that play with an edge always on, Trouba is a guy who picks his spots. You show that you're going to get punched in the face if you try stuff against this team then you're probably going to have more restraint in your spot picking.

Watching one of your guys getting drilled with a headshot on the ice I'm sure it's more likely that "I'm going to stick up for my guy and get after Trouba" would be going through guys heads then "I really need to be careful here because we might be down another man".

Thing is Winnipeg is the weaker team.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
People forget about 2007 and the year we beat the habs in the playoffs. Injury riddled in early of the year and came back with a vengeance.

We have structure and a bit of a cushion. We will be alright.

I personally am psyched we may see Gagne and Perron even for a game if they are called up. Can finally see if they suck or just play on sucky teams.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
People forget about 2007 and the year we beat the habs in the playoffs. Injury riddled in early of the year and came back with a vengeance.

We have structure and a bit of a cushion. We will be alright.

I personally am psyched we may see Gagne and Perron even for a game if they are called up. Can finally see if they suck or just play on sucky teams.

Gagne, the guy who has spent half the season in the ECHL and has 0 AHL goals. Lol
Would def like to see Perron for a game or two tho

From what I understand bailey has been scoring a lot so I guess management is hoping it carries over

... I got no justification for max

I dont really mind Max, but Bailey has looked dreadful to me in each of his call-up games this year. Slow, constantly behind the play, no hands. Hope he can prove me wrong and be decent.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Gagne, the guy who has spent half the season in the ECHL and has 0 AHL goals. Lol
Would def like to see Perron for a game or two tho

I dont really mind Max, but Bailey has looked dreadful to me in each of his call-up games this year. Slow, constantly behind the play, no hands. Hope he can prove me wrong and be decent.

Yeah why not. Can someone honestly give me a reason that they wouldn't want to see Gagne in an NHL lineup for 1-2 games for 8 min a night when Lazar is our first line RW? Not even curious?

I didn't say make the man captain.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah why not. Can someone honestly give me a reason that they wouldn't want to see Gagne in an NHL lineup for 1-2 games for 8 min a night when Lazar is our first line RW? Not even curious?

I didn't say make the man captain.

Because he clearly isnt ready for the NHL level
I know its just 1-2 games but you dont promote a guy like that, theres just no point

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Last time our two best players(Karlsson and Spezza) got hurt the team rallied up and made the playoffs.
If you think about it, Ryan and one of (hopefully) Hoffman/Stone is not that bad compared to.

Correction: Andy also got chicken-stabbed the same year, so we are in pretty good shape compared to 2012/13

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
...whoever has the most skill? Whoever in that lineup has a decent set of hands, or good speed, or something that our regulars can work with in the top 9.

The cupboards are kinda bare is my point. Varone would have been another option but 2 out of the top 3 options were called up. They don't do this in a vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad