Line Combos: Panic Thread. Projected Line up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You seem to ignore the issue of him abandoning his college team just as they're ready for their playoffs - the team is currently ranked 6, so there's a good chance they'll end up in the Frozen Four as usual. Which is why he likely wouldn't do it, and why Ottawa wouldn't want him to.

Guys I don't have Colin white and a contract sitting here in front of me.

If wingels Ryan Hoffman and stone are out for any amount of time it is desperate times. And desperate times call for desperate measures. It's just an option. A far fetched one.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Not possible until NCAA is done

No you cant, actually.

To be eligible for NCAA you can't be signed to professional contracts or incentives (including advertisements using your likeness etc)

Oh I fully realize that, I thought Dorion was hinting at White seeing some playoff time after his NCAA commitments ended however.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Any chance they bring White up?

I don't think so, not at least until the end of his College season. Can management really approach the guy and put that kind of pressure on him. "WE NEED YOU TO SIGN BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS HURT AND IF YOU DON'T EUGENE MELNYK WILL LOSE MILLIONS OF PLAYOFF REVENUE". Then when it comes out he wasn't personally ready yet to turn pro and wants to stay in College, management has dug a pretty bad hole for him where he looks like a dick who wasn't willing to put the team first.

Unless they are sure he'll ditch College and turn pro which doesn't seem to make sense given how attached he is to BC and how slow he has taken it so far, they can't really take that step without a ton of negativity being attached to the outcome.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't know if i would be able to emotionally stomach the Sens falling out as of now.

If it was earlier in the season, then i might be able to stomach it a little more.

But with not that many games left, it would be completely depressing for the Sens to miss after all they have been through.

And this was such a good season to make it too. Especially with Tampa having a **** season.

I don't see Tampa having another bad season next season. Florida will be good. The Sabres will probably improve enough to be a playoff team.

This ****ing sucks.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
White is not coming. If all 3 guys are out, I'd call up Paul, McCormick and Varone. This is the best we can do.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
We made the playoffs in 2013 without Karlsson abd Spezza. Boucher has a great defensive system, and our D core is healthy. We'll survive. I just want Stone back before the playoffs.

Max Power

Nov 15, 2005
As a few have pointed out, not time to panic.

These type of situations tend to bring out the best from people, history has thought us that. This team still has enough to push through, especially if the remaining top players step it up.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If this team keeps on playing well defensively, then there is still a chance.

But if we ever go down by 2 in a game, the game will probably be over for the Sens.

It is going to become really important for the Sens to score the first goal. If they get scored on first, then they are going to have to do everything they can to not let in a second goal.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Call up the Bingo kids for now, and see what they can do.

Let White stay in the NCAA. Remember, kid has had a lot of injuries himself the last few years...let him get his full season in. No need to rush him.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There was also the 2006-2007 season where we lost all of our top 3 centres (Spezza, Fisher AND Vermette) at the same time and Chris Kelly was on the 1st line.

We ended up going to the Cup final that year.

It's not looking good but I'm not pulling the plug on the season quite yet.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I mean, does it matter what our lineup is if those four players are out(especially Hoff and Stone)?

This season might take a very dark turn after it looked like we could actually make waves. Boucher was right to call tonight a disaster.

Just add it to the list....Andy's wife, Grizz, Owner almost dying, said it on the main board perhaps one season we will have more positivity than negativity but not this one!

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
This is exactly how prospects get their chance, now it's up to them to seize the chance and kick down the door. It's just a shame it involves the Sens best players going down but it can be fun watching hungry kids too.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Haha well yesterday certainly did not go well :cry:

Just have to hope that our guys are okay. If Stone and Hoffman are out for an extended period of time we could be in trouble. It was kind of weird at the end of the game yesterday viewing Zack Smith as a top scoring option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad