Pandemic Silver Linings

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I know its subjective but how can anyone not like Emrick? He shows emotion and excitementment, which is unlike 99% of the hockey TV guys out there. I wish all play by play guys were like him. We need to get as far away from baseball as possible.

He's a weenie. You can be exciting without the affected old-timey broadcasterisms.

Whenever NBC has the only Pens stream, I'm praying it's not Emrick. Gord Miller, Chris Cuthbert...hell Kenny Albert's way better than Doc.

Reactions: Factorial

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
For me, it's given me time to watch all 5 of our Cup wins in the past 30 years and gain a new appreciation for how lucky us Penguins fans are. Many franchises in the NHL have NOTHING.

So go watch some of 91, 92, 09, 16, and 17 and realize how lucky as fans we are to have witnessed them.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
  • Seeing the Pens are social media responsible.
  • The donations by several members to the front line workers and to the tragedy in Nova Scotia (Sid)
  • Jake being healthy and not rushed.
  • Multiple players that are banged up, getting rest and time to recover.
  • Less time to see JJ and Bjug play games is never a bad thing.
  • Just overall rest and reflection. This team was trending towards being a first round upset and they get a chance as many have mentioned to level set and prioritize and refocus.
  • We are all Zohorna for some hockey.

I still do not want to see a 24 team playoff format. It should be 16. If the bubble teams are that desperate, maybe push for that rush to finish the season completely and look at no 2 day breaks in the playoffs and back 2 backs. That to me is far more fun and a challenge than the usual day or two days and sometimes 3 day breaks between games. That way you can get as many games in as possible. These guys have had a lot of time off. They can fit that in.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Jake (and perhaps Sid) getting healthy is the only silver lining I can think of.

On the negative side,
Geno was is having one of the best seasons of his career. Who knows if he's still in the same shape as before. It'll be hard to continue his pace after a 3+ month layoff.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
Marino's had time to finish his Jedi training.

John Marino before the pandemic:

1807.jpg

John Marino after the pandemic:

Yoda-Retina_2a7ecc26.jpeg

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
My game on dating apps has drastically improved... ooops, it is about the Pens, not my sorry ass!

Jake getting healthy.

Older players having time to recuperate.

Everything the Pens seem to be doing for the community.

Walking down memory lane and reliving our championships.

Reactions: Gold Diamond

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Well I mean... they called him "The Tank" for a reason.

Boy that one season in Vancouver was quite a shame in an otherwise illustrious career. Storied, even.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
He's a weenie. You can be exciting without the affected old-timey broadcasterisms.

Whenever NBC has the only Pens stream, I'm praying it's not Emrick. Gord Miller, Chris Cuthbert...hell Kenny Albert's way better than Doc.
Ugh, Kenny Albert bores the living hell out of me, that insufferable New York ear killing accent and generic boring call has change the channel heat.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
There is no silver lining...I’d even take watching Milbury and Jones praise Tom Wilson and tough guy antics for 24 hours a day on a loop if it meant I got to watch hockey...
Huh ... Whaddya know?

Turns out I do have limits. :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->