Pandemic Silver Linings

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Amidst all the doom and gloom, what are some of the good Penguins-related things that have come with coronavirus?

For me it's that Guentzel won't be compelled to come back prematurely for a playoff run and potentially re-injure his shoulder. He's such a huge part of the Penguins' extended window, they need him to be healthy for the long haul.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
The compelling drama of Bjugs chasing his elusive first board battle win continues!

Also the Flyers were playing great right before all this shit popped off. Soo ha ha f*** them.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There is no silver lining...I’d even take watching Milbury and Jones praise Tom Wilson and tough guy antics for 24 hours a day on a loop if it meant I got to watch hockey...

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Family time..../

Anything beyond that is gravy.

J8MagkF.gif

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Maybe Sid abs will heal. Cause, uh, if how he looked was him at his new 100%, then the dynasty is over.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The team really did look similar to 2018 and 2019 as they were sort of getting tired/not believing in their game. They were injured. I know this sounds stupid but this really level sets the team. It starts to become a game again because real life happens.

Honestly, in many ways, it went about as well as it could for them as a hockey franchise. They had a great season then got to stop playing just as the wheels came off. I hope we get some sort of playoffs, if only because there's so many old guys who deserve another chance, but in particular, it'd give us the best shot; a bunch of injuries healed and everyone else's momentum ruined.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
I know its subjective but how can anyone not like Emrick? He shows emotion and excitementment, which is unlike 99% of the hockey TV guys out there. I wish all play by play guys were like him. We need to get as far away from baseball as possible.

The excessive and sometimes faux sounding excitement is what I don't like. He was much better back when ESPN was broadcasting games (along with Gary Thorne , etc).

I will admit to liking the way he would say "Zubov."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad