GDT: "PANDEMIC PROSPECTING" • 2020 NHL ENTRY DRAFT • R1: Holloway • R2-7: Oct 7, 9:30 AM • SN

Will the Oilers make any trades or moves (besides picks) today or tomorrow?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I know nothing about the last three picks the Oilers made but considering what was left on the board at each of those picks I'm not a huge fan. I know these late round picks have a very, very slim chance of being NHLers but come on, you can make better bets than what the Oilers did here I feel.

Reactions: 780il

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
No, and no goalie. Probably the first time in a long while that's happened. Holland and Wright thankfully focused on the weakest part of the team's pipeline, though I don't agree with all (most of?) their choices.

? Savoie, Holloway and Tullio weren't good picks?

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
I know nothing about the last three picks the Oilers made but considering what was left on the board at each of those picks I'm not a huge fan. I know these late round picks have a very, very slim chance of being NHLers but come on, you can make better bets than what the Oilers did here I feel.

This time there were basically some 2nd-4th rounders available until the end. A very promising start but it could've turned into a truly exceptional day. At least there's Pulju's contract as a bonus.

Reactions: Zaddy

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I thought we started off well/ok in this draft and then just a bit of a buzzkill by the end. Sorta weird that we picked forwards with all picks. At the end of the day, I am sure the fifth, sixth and seventh round picks dont really mean much but I am still not totally sure how to feel about Wrights/Hollands drafting. Time will tell how the draft went with us though but feels a bit underwhelming to me.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
What you dont like 'cheat for offense cause my boots are heavy Beryozkin" or 'garbage man' Lindewall ....lol

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
? Savoie, Holloway and Tullio weren't good picks?

Savoie yes. Holloway, no, I wanted more pure scoring ability there. Smarter people than me say Tullio is a big steal, but I just don't see a top six player. The rest were your typical longshots... which is fine, but for the names left on the board at the time they were taken I'm not super ecstatic.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I love Carolina's drafting. It's like they don't even scout. They always go consensus so it looks like they have a great draft every year.

Reactions: 780il
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad