Rostov on Don
4kgljAi.gif
You may call him charismatic, but i'd rather choose the word "Pejorative Slur"

Reactions: Loki Dekker

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
I think if you put Panarin on TB he’d be the clear better player. I also don’t care for Kucherov’s dirty play when things aren’t going his way. Both great players though.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I don't really think so. My theory on this is superstars don't get much of a benefit from a change in scenery, because their production is determined by their talent. Unless they're dragging around complete knuckle dragging plugs (which Panarin is not doing), their production is what it is.

We always assume that, but the examples we have seen of superstars in or close to their prime moving to "better" situations hasn't really shown that. Tavares didn't become a 100 point player in Toronto. Joe Thornton was doing what he was doing in Boston and San Jose - no real change there.

Panarin is a puck dominant player so I just don't see what benefit he derives from playing in Tampa versus NY. And Kucherov doesn't really benefit from having a good second and third (and frankly - fourth) line - he's getting the same tough matchups Panarin gets.

Also for a recent example of playing on Tampa not being the point jamboree is JT Miller who gets a complete massive bump playing in Vancouver over Tampa.

I voted Kuch and get the overall sentiment of what youre saying but they literally just put random plugs who are struggling with Panarin and they automatically become PPG players. Kuch has never had a bad linemate and has not proven that he can carry scrubs (because Tampa is stacked and he doesnt need too). Not saying he couldn't do it but even in Columbus, Panarin could play with anyone in the lineup and he was still producing. Kakko hasn't scored in 20 games? Just put him with Panarin.

Doubty

Mar 25, 2021
Kucherov is far better that it shouldn't even be a question, and he has much more charisma than filial Panarin

Reactions: Fan from AK

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Lol noone of them not has it, stop with this silly nonsense.

But kucherov seems really that good as a player, panarin gives kinda bad impression when he is under the presure with the puck

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I voted Kuch and get the overall sentiment of what youre saying but they literally just put random plugs who are struggling with Panarin and they automatically become PPG players. Kuch has never had a bad linemate and has not proven that he can carry scrubs (because Tampa is stacked and he doesnt need too). Not saying he couldn't do it but even in Columbus, Panarin could play with anyone in the lineup and he was still producing. Kakko hasn't scored in 20 games? Just put him with Panarin.
Elite players produce regardless. Panarin played with the best winger in the world for two years in Chicago and those are actually his two worst seasons points wise in the NHL. Now I do realize they were his first years in the league but it's not as if Panarin suddenly became a completely new player when he got traded to Columbus. He was always elite. Sometimes playing on a stacked team can easily hurt a star player's production.

Also, when Kucherov first really broke out as Tampa's leading scoring forward, they missed the playoffs and were middle of the pack in goals for. Steven Stamkos was injured for 80% of the season and Brayden Point wasn't a thing yet. He was by no means surrounded with talent that year.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Panarin scored at a 110+ point pace playing with Jesper Fast and Ryan Strome. I can only imagine what he would do with elite level talent around him.

I'd vote Panarin, but it is very close.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't really think so. My theory on this is superstars don't get much of a benefit from a change in scenery, because their production is determined by their talent. Unless they're dragging around complete knuckle dragging plugs (which Panarin is not doing), their production is what it is.

We always assume that, but the examples we have seen of superstars in or close to their prime moving to "better" situations hasn't really shown that. Tavares didn't become a 100 point player in Toronto. Joe Thornton was doing what he was doing in Boston and San Jose - no real change there.

Panarin is a puck dominant player so I just don't see what benefit he derives from playing in Tampa versus NY. And Kucherov doesn't really benefit from having a good second and third (and frankly - fourth) line - he's getting the same tough matchups Panarin gets.

Also for a recent example of playing on Tampa not being the point jamboree is JT Miller who gets a complete massive bump playing in Vancouver over Tampa.

Yeah, I think people overstate just how much of a bump star players would get going from a bad team to a good team. Maybe a handful of points, but nothing outrageous. It's the lesser players who see the biggest bumps when they go from playing with crap to playing with elite guys, because they're the ones who need the bump in talent more.

Example: Malkin didn't see a huge bump in production going from the likes of Fedotenko and Sykora to James Neal. It was Neal who suddenly became a 40 goal, 80 point guy after being a 25-ish goal, 55-ish point winger prior to that.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
Lol noone of them not has it, stop with this silly nonsense.

But kucherov seems really that good as a player, panarin gives kinda bad impression when he is under the presure with the puck
NiET

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Kuch has a Hart, Ross, Lindsey and a Cup.

Lots of hardware>not a lot of hardware

Kuch has been doing it longer and better.

Not close.

Reactions: Fan from AK

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Panarin by a hair's breadth.
Also his heart is in a right place and it takes balls to publicly speak against Putin's regime.

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I love Kuch, and he's a big game player (great numbers in the playoffs ,etc).

That said, I voted Panarin. The year the Jackets beat Tampa and Kucherov tilted by getting suspended for a cheap hit showed a bit of petulance on his part. It doesn't mean he isn't a top 5 or 7 player in the world, but I choose Panarin here. Panarin can score with anyone and can turn 3rd liners into first liners.

Reactions: Bread4Life

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Voted Kucherov but it lingers in the back of my head if Panarin could put up similar numbers in Tampa. He was tremendous last year up until the break.

Same for me. Dude puts up PPG in Columbus and even more with Strome and random guy.

Give him Point 5on5, Stamkos and Hedman on the PP.. yeah

I don’t often like the better team more points argument, but the puck goes through him so much and he’s got enough greed in him to rack up 3 point nights

Reactions: Bread4Life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->