Panarin VS Kucherov

Who is better

• Panarin

• Kucherov

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Voted Kucherov but it lingers in the back of my head if Panarin could put up similar numbers in Tampa. He was tremendous last year up until the break.
I don't really think so. My theory on this is superstars don't get much of a benefit from a change in scenery, because their production is determined by their talent. Unless they're dragging around complete knuckle dragging plugs (which Panarin is not doing), their production is what it is.

We always assume that, but the examples we have seen of superstars in or close to their prime moving to "better" situations hasn't really shown that. Tavares didn't become a 100 point player in Toronto. Joe Thornton was doing what he was doing in Boston and San Jose - no real change there.

Panarin is a puck dominant player so I just don't see what benefit he derives from playing in Tampa versus NY. And Kucherov doesn't really benefit from having a good second and third (and frankly - fourth) line - he's getting the same tough matchups Panarin gets.

Also for a recent example of playing on Tampa not being the point jamboree is JT Miller who gets a complete massive bump playing in Vancouver over Tampa.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
I don't really think so. My theory on this is superstars don't get much of a benefit from a change in scenery, because their production is determined by their talent. Unless they're dragging around complete knuckle dragging plugs (which Panarin is not doing), their production is what it is.

We always assume that, but the examples we have seen of superstars in or close to their prime moving to "better" situations hasn't really shown that. Tavares didn't become a 100 point player in Toronto. Joe Thornton was doing what he was doing in Boston and San Jose - no real change there.

Panarin is a puck dominant player so I just don't see what benefit he derives from playing in Tampa versus NY. And Kucherov doesn't really benefit from having a good second and third (and frankly - fourth) line - he's getting the same tough matchups Panarin gets.

Also for a recent example of playing on Tampa not being the point jamboree is JT Miller who gets a complete massive bump playing in Vancouver over Tampa.

Panarin has had either Colin freaking Blackwell or a struggling to score Kakko on his line all season. Not to mention that although underrated, his center is Ryan Strome, which is relatively average to below average 2C in the league. And he did the same exact thing last season with Jesper Fast as his winger. The dude is just a special player that no matter who you put on his line, he just produces.

Also regarding Miller, he has noted in interviews that after he got traded from Tampa, it was a wakeup call and that he needed to improve and step up the game. Besides wasn't he playing like 2nd or third line minutes in Tampa? In Van he became the go to center, playing with Petterson and Horvat.

Reactions: Garthinater

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Kucherov had one of the best offensive seasons of the last 20 years. Scored more that year than any player since Lemieux.

On top of that he followed it up last year with a fantastic playoff run as well as another strong offensive season. Had he been healthy this year, theres a good chance he would have made the AST for the 5th year in a row.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

I think simply being on Tampa's powerplay would jolt his stats up even higher. Even strength he's already a god so it would be about the same.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think simply being on Tampa's powerplay would jolt his stats up even higher. Even strength he's already a god so it would be about the same.
TBF if he's on Tampa's PP, he's in Stamkos' spot. Which takes away a pretty big part of Tampa's PP.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Kucherrov

Panarin has been playing on a whole different level since he joined the Rangers though so its closer than two seasons ago.

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
I'll take Panarin and his harizma
Harisma of a Panarin? His harisma is being a nice cringey stupid vilage boy, i suppose this is why american auditory loves him. If he actually would be a skilled guy with some class, you wouldn't be so excited of him, i guese

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Harisma of a Panarin? His harisma is being a nice cringey stupid vilage boy, i suppose this is why american auditory loves him. If he actually would be a skilled guy with some class, you wouldn't be so excited of him, i guese
4kgljAi.gif

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
I think Kuch is a better goalscorer, but bread has better vision/playmaking. They're extremely close, but after watching Bread put the team on his back last year and singlehandedly make the team competitive i gotta vote with my bias. No disrespect at all to Kuch, guy is an elite talent and scoring machine. He's done it with a fair amount more talent/pieces around him than bread has, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->