Proposal: Panarin to the Bruins

dwright5314

Jul 10, 2017
New Hampshire
Let me preface this post with the fact that I realize Columbus may not trade Panarin at all. However if they get into the stage where they do decide to look at options, I want to know how far off the value of this trade is:

Boston receives:
Panarin

Columbus receives:
DeBrusk
Donato
Vaakanainen
2019 or 2020 1st

Reactions: Palm Tree

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Let me preface this post with the fact that I realize Columbus may not trade Panarin at all. However if they get into the stage where they do decide to look at options, I want to know how far off the value of this trade is:

Boston receives:
Panarin

Columbus receives:
DeBrusk
Donato
Vaakanainen
2019 or 2020 1st
So what you are saying is three first rounders and a solid prospect for a UFA.. big no, also that is to much if he was signed. Maybe DeBrusk and a 2020 first but that would be it.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’d be iffy to do that even if he was signed tbh (if I’m Bruins) Giving up some damn good talent

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Unless he's projected to be a superstar, Vaakanainen is not going to be useful to us because he's Yet Another LHD Prospect and we've got more than enough of those. The rest is quantity-for-quality. Good quantity, to be sure, but it's of the sort that makes it "meh" at best for the Jackets and horrifying for the Bruins.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
that's quite a hefty amount to give up imo. i know the EK65 trade was orchestrated by a puppet but this is more than what SJS gave up for a player who is superior in his position and who SJS probably gets more use out of in terms of GP for the org

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Bruins would need assurances that Panarin would sign with them for this to be worth it.

And they likely aren't getting that. This isn't a case of Panarin wanting out of Columbus. It is a case of him only wanting to sign in 3 places and Boston isn't one of them.

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Rather wait till the dead line and pay a rental fee or pick him up as a free agent in offseason

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Boston receives:
Panarin

Columbus receives:
DeBrusk
Donato
Vaakanainen
2019 or 2020 1st
Way too much for a UFA....

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
That's a hefty package for Panarin. Keep Debrusk.

I am not too high on Vaak or Donato, and the 1st will be low. Still seems a lot for an unsigned Panarin though, without Debrusk.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
To Columbus
Rask
Debrusk
Peter cehlarik
2019 first
Conditional third(second if Boston makes it to the final)

To Boston
Panarin
Bobrovsky

This trade only happens if Boston signs both to extensions

Absolutely brutal deal.

Even unsigned with both guys saying "We refuse to even negotiate with any team unitl July 1...." CLB would get better offers.

Worse G
Ok prospect
Nothing prospect late 1st
a little sprinkling of crapdust on top

Horrendous.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The 1st is way to much from.Boston but still unlikely for the cbj to take if we are in compete this year mode. We are so young already getting younger is rough.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011

Boston receives:
Panarin

Columbus receives:
DeBrusk
Donato
Vaakanainen
2019 or 2020 1st

He's a fA at the end of the year, no point in giving away all those assets at this point.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
That’s seems rather high!

Debrusk and first is more than sufficient (assuming Columbus knows he’s out no matter what and at that point everyone else will know too).

And that’s if he signs as part of the trade agreement.

And don’t say that should make it a higher cost. That’s exactly none of CBJ’s business at that point.

Won’t matter much if CBJ is in the hunt though. Doubt the fans will love dumping overboard their superstar winger during a playoff drive.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think the price Columbus would need to move Artemi right now would be roughly Debrusk + 1st + 2nd. And there's no guarantees that won't be outbid. Guys like Vaak and Donato are probably worth more to Boston, and it's a bit of an overpay so I left them out.

Debrusk+ might be too much for Boston, but if it doesn't start with a single piece at least as valuable as Debrusk, it's just not worth it to the Jackets to make the trade. They need Artemi for their own playoff run.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Boston receives:
Panarin

Columbus receives:
DeBrusk
Donato
Vaakanainen
2019 or 2020 1st

1/ hes an ufa so your value qualifies for being whacko

2/ if it was a sign and trade... boston wouldn't have the cap room... so add a couple more guys going bye bye.

what would be the ultimate upside? quite a disaster for the bruins
nice player... not a franchise player... not someone you gut your team for and do a complete rebuilt to fit

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Like I've said before, if Panarin comes to the Bruins signed I'd pay a very substantial price for him. Absolutely not this price though, this is awful.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think the price Columbus would need to move Artemi right now would be roughly Debrusk + 1st + 2nd. And there's no guarantees that won't be outbid. Guys like Vaak and Donato are probably worth more to Boston, and it's a bit of an overpay so I left them out.

Debrusk+ might be too much for Boston, but if it doesn't start with a single piece at least as valuable as Debrusk, it's just not worth it to the Jackets to make the trade. They need Artemi for their own playoff run.
I think Columbus is after the best single piece it can get for him rather than the best overall package.

They want to replace a significant amount of his production right away.

Reactions: Viqsi

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
The problem with trading Donato is he was asked to leave college to sign early with the B's. As much as I'd love Panarin, you don't want to upset future prospects with that image. I suppose if Donato is talked to about the situation first that could flip things around and not bring negitive attention back at Boston.

I also think that's a big over payment.

It would be better to try to sign him if he goes to UFA. If he plans to stay in Columbus, the price required to pry him away would be this deal or higher.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
To Columbus
Rask
Debrusk
Peter cehlarik
2019 first
Conditional third(second if Boston makes it to the final)

To Boston
Panarin
Bobrovsky

This trade only happens if Boston signs both to extensions

Not sure of Rask’s salary going back but you’re looking at probably 15-16 mil to sign Bob and Panarin. Don’t think Bruins have the space without dumping some other contracts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->