Proposal: Panarin to SJS

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
not even close IMHO

Norris is a good but not great prospect. Tierney is a 3rd liner. Heed a spare part. 1st and 2nd are late picks

Jackets need guys that can play now, not futures. I don't see a scenario this gets done without it being Meier/Hertl++

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
SJS is one where he might sign but its likely a ufa... there just isnt much there they can offer they would be willing to give up. Meier+ is the closest and Im not sure thats a guy we want. He is on the lower end of players I think is a possible return. Teams often dont get the return they want though so Incould be wrong. The only player that makes sense to us is Hertl or Couture and that doesnt really make sense for you. Its a bad fit trade partner wise.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
SJS is one where he might sign but its likely a ufa... there just isnt much there they can offer they would be willing to give up. Meier+ is the closest and Im not sure thats a guy we want. He is on the lower end of players I think is a possible return. Teams often dont get the return they want though so Incould be wrong. The only player that makes sense to us is Hertl or Couture and that doesnt really make sense for you. Its a bad fit trade partner wise.
I actually think it's not a bad return if we can get Meier, Tierney and a 1st.

I'd rather Vilardi or Borgstrom if we can swing it but I know Jarmo wants NHL proven players.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I would be ok with it if that was our best option but its just notnfirst choice I guess. Panthers are my first option, Wahlstrom and the Isles as a long shot, Vilardi, then Meier, and idk who Chicago has... really no one haha. Saad back. But thats the teams we are rumored. Also open to Nylander.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

Meier is a 21 year old power forward that scored over 20 goals in his first full year and truly showed growth and progression throughout the year. You’d be lucky to to get Meier+ for Panarin being that the only way you’d trade Panarin is if it becomes clear you can’t re-sign him. There’s a reason teams like Dallas, TB and others aren’t offering their top young talent for Karlsson and Panarin. They know that Ottawa and CBJ have no leverage and are going to wait it out until the price comes down. I don’t think either teams fan base is going to be pleased with the return they get.

Reactions: Gecklund

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Meier is a 21 year old power forward that scored over 20 goals in his first full year and truly showed growth and progression throughout the year. You’d be lucky to to get Meier+ for Panarin being that the only way you’d trade Panarin is if it becomes clear you can’t re-sign him. There’s a reason teams like Dallas, TB and others aren’t offering their top young talent for Karlsson and Panarin. They know that Ottawa and CBJ have no leverage and are going to wait it out until the price comes down. I don’t think either teams fan base is going to be pleased with the return they get.
Panarin isnt trying to be moved. He was letting us know he is unsure if he wants to sign here so he told us sonwe could look at teams where he might be ok signing now. We are ok trading him now for a Meier, or keeping him for ourselves as like we are renting him to us for a playoff run and if he signs perfect if not thanks for the 2 years. We wont make ourselves worse and hurt our chances of winning this year to get a average prospect and a late 1st. Karlsson doesnt want to ever play another game in Ottawa. Way different situation. Panarin told us as a courtesy just so we knew his intentions. In fact he stated at the start of camp he will not discuss conteacts with anyone he wants to fucus on the team and his play and not be a distraction for anyone.

Bread loves his coach teammates and fans. He played 1 year here and doesnt know if he wants to spend the next 8 here which is understandable there is no Russian culture here. So he likely wants to go to a bigger city with that culture but if qe win 2 series and he grows closer to the team, fans, and city he might stay. Its very important to note he has said multiple times he is not willing to sign/commit YET key word being YET. He has said he qould sign other places that he knows what the cities are like. So he is honest and tells us that. Now if he says all that why would he not just say he is not resigning or ask for a trade? Because thats not how he feels and has stated that. Its important for fans to get that so they dont expect rental prices. Our management has said not looking for futures we are committed to winning now.

That said Meier hitting 20 as a rookie is impressive especially because I think it was mostly 5v5 but we had a guy named Anderson do the same thing as a rookie and was on pace to hit even more until he was hurt and missed double digit games and still hit 19 without pp time. He is also a pwf. So we know exactly how impressive it is and how underrated he is so its safe to say its similar with Timo. But we HOPEFULLY can get a more game breaking style like a Nylander because of how power forward oriented our team already is.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Panarin isnt trying to be moved. He was letting us know he is unsure if he wants to sign here so he told us sonwe could look at teams where he might be ok signing now. We are ok trading him now for a Meier, or keeping him for ourselves as like we are renting him to us for a playoff run and if he signs perfect if not thanks for the 2 years. We wont make ourselves worse and hurt our chances of winning this year to get a average prospect and a late 1st. Karlsson doesnt want to ever play another game in Ottawa. Way different situation. Panarin told us as a courtesy just so we knew his intentions. In fact he stated at the start of camp he will not discuss conteacts with anyone he wants to fucus on the team and his play and not be a distraction for anyone.

Bread loves his coach teammates and fans. He played 1 year here and doesnt know if he wants to spend the next 8 here which is understandable there is no Russian culture here. So he likely wants to go to a bigger city with that culture but if qe win 2 series and he grows closer to the team, fans, and city he might stay. Its very important to note he has said multiple times he is not willing to sign/commit YET key word being YET. He has said he qould sign other places that he knows what the cities are like. So he is honest and tells us that. Now if he says all that why would he not just say he is not resigning or ask for a trade? Because thats not how he feels and has stated that. Its important for fans to get that so they dont expect rental prices. Our management has said not looking for futures we are committed to winning now.

That said Meier hitting 20 as a rookie is impressive especially because I think it was mostly 5v5 but we had a guy named Anderson do the same thing as a rookie and was on pace to hit even more until he was hurt and missed double digit games and still hit 19 without pp time. He is also a pwf. So we know exactly how impressive it is and how underrated he is so its safe to say its similar with Timo. But we HOPEFULLY can get a more game breaking style like a Nylander because of how power forward oriented our team already is.

Sorry man you’re not getting a 22 year old cost controlled asset that just put up over 60pts. Despite what Panarin says publicly you have zero clue to what he’s saying to his agent and what his agent is saying to Jarmo behind close doors. If he’s thinking he’s going to be staying in Columbus to start the season he could be pandering to the fans to ease their mind. And regardless of what anyone says, the longer he remains unsigned the less leverage you have. If CBJ honestly holds him for a year at a chance to win the cup and just lets a 26 year old 80 pt forward go for nothing then they’re fools.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Sorry man you’re not getting a 22 year old cost controlled asset that just put up over 60pts. Despite what Panarin says publicly you have zero clue to what he’s saying to his agent and what his agent is saying to Jarmo behind close doors. If he’s thinking he’s going to be staying in Columbus to start the season he could be pandering to the fans to ease their mind. And regardless of what anyone says, the longer he remains unsigned the less leverage you have. If CBJ honestly holds him for a year at a chance to win the cup and just lets a 26 year old 80 pt forward go for nothing then they’re fools.
As opposed to getting what? One of your 3rd liners who is young enough and had just a good enough year to try and sell them based on potential and a 1st?

Couture has 1 year left who on the jackets are you trading him for? Fact is we would rather have a good run then trade our best offensive player for nothing other then saying we got something...

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
As opposed to getting what? One of your 3rd liners who is young enough and had just a good enough year to try and sell them based on potential and a 1st?

Couture has 1 year left who on the jackets are you trading him for? Fact is we would rather have a good run then trade our best offensive player for nothing other then saying we got something...

Worked out well for the isles. I’m not saying you’re getting nothing but expecting William Nylander or anything close to a player of that age and caliber when youll have no leverage is unrealistic. My argument is saying that Meier plus anything isn’t acceptable for a pending UFA and after the Tavares fiasco I doubt your GM just would rather go on “a good run”unless you guys are on top of the division come TDL.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
There is no chance in hell San Jose is giving up Meier. If the Sharks wanna land Panarin they can get 2 first round picks, a 2nd round pick with Dylan Demelo and Melker Karlsson.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Worked out well for the isles. I’m not saying you’re getting nothing but expecting William Nylander or anything close to a player of that age and caliber when youll have no leverage is unrealistic. My argument is saying that Meier plus anything isn’t acceptable for a pending UFA and after the Tavares fiasco I doubt your GM just would rather go on “a good run”unless you guys are on top of the division come TDL.
We have just for the first time ever made the playoffs back to back years and have the best team we ever assembled. Our management already said it doesnt want any futures and we are young enough. We only have a few spots we can upgrade we are a pretty good team that just needs age and experience right now. If we can win our first series and go 3 in a row our management takes that and runs over a futures package. JT left while making them think they could keep him. The CBJ know his stance and can go accordingly. We arent being left hung high and dry we are ok losing him because we know its likely. We have a year to work around that ti the best of our abilities and still have a winning team while we are at it.

Reactions: CBJFan827

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
not even close IMHO

Norris is a good but not great prospect. Tierney is a 3rd liner. Heed a spare part. 1st and 2nd are late picks

Jackets need guys that can play now, not futures. I don't see a scenario this gets done without it being Meier/Hertl++
Wouldn’t come close to moving Meier or Hertl especially with a plus. Especially if he’s not extended yet. Best Sharks could offer is something like Tierney+Labanc+picks/prospects. If that doesn’t get him well that sucks for us but we can’t mortgage the future.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
There is no chance in hell San Jose is giving up Meier. If the Sharks wanna land Panarin they can get 2 first round picks, a 2nd round pick with Dylan Demelo and Melker Karlsson.

I doubt that happens without us having a 1st in 2019. I don’t think Wilson would be too keen on having no first rounders for 3 years with the possibility Panarin walks. Also if DeMelo and Karlsson are the two roster players Jarmo gets back for Panarin he’ll get water boarded by the entire Columbus fan base.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
Realistically, if Panarin ends up getting traded, the primary asset in return will be an asset inferior to Timo Meier in value.
If I’m DW, I’m doing everything I can to keep Meier out of the deal.

Something like
Labanc + Norris + 2020 1st.
Possibly even Balcers or Ferraro added if CBJ are interested.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If I’m DW, I’m doing everything I can to keep Meier out of the deal.

Something like
Labanc + Norris + 2020 1st.
Possibly even Balcers or Ferraro added if CBJ are interested.

Honestly, I love Meier, but I don’t think he will ever reach his potential on this team. I’m fine with including him as the centerpiece for a star.

With that said, I think that replacing LaBanc with Panarin would make our forward group pretty strong. But I still feel like it wouldn’t be good enough for a Cup.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I doubt that happens without us having a 1st in 2019. I don’t think Wilson would be too keen on having no first rounders for 3 years with the possibility Panarin walks. Also if DeMelo and Karlsson are the two roster players Jarmo gets back for Panarin he’ll get water boarded by the entire Columbus fan base.
If he gets traded it is for extended... CBJ fans keep trying to say that and no one is listening. He is open to talking to other teams we just have to get a base set first. There is 0 chance of him walking if you get him.

That being said non of the offers in here get him from the sharks without at least Meier+ realistically. Based on gmjks trade history he always has at worst win win trades. Hes not going to lose a trade he doesnt have to make.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
If he gets traded it is for extended... CBJ fans keep trying to say that and no one is listening. He is open to talking to other teams we just have to get a base set first. There is 0 chance of him walking if you get him.

That being said non of the offers in here get him from the sharks without at least Meier+ realistically. Based on gmjks trade history he always has at worst win win trades. Hes not going to lose a trade he doesnt have to make.

We’re in agreement there then. If it’s for an extended Panarin then Meier+ is going back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->