Speculation: Panarin to NYR

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
If you’re Ray Shero and Lou Lamorello right now how do you not get together and say you’re just going to torture Jeff Gorton for the next 6 months with this by continually having on and off talks with Columbus to try and force the Rangers to deplete the roster and trade for Panarin. One team is on Panarin’s list and both allow him to basically live in the same communities and city he would be in with the Rangers. I don’t think either of the three teams wants to trade off valuable assets for him but if you can make it look good enough that you are serious you may be able to get Gorton to bite early. There isn’t going to be much else out there next summer if Seguin signs so any team needing offense may be desperate

Because Gorton knows the Devils aren't a threat so he's not going to fall for that. Seems pretty simple to me. And if they don't sign him they just stay the course for the rebuild.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
NYR aren’t going into the season with the goal of getting the worst record. That’s your goal, not the organizations.

But yes, it makes no sense to give up assets right now.

The Rangers D is horrible. They have nothing behind their 36 year old goaltender. He can't play 60 plus games anymore. Their forwards are average at best. They are sitting on $5M-$6M cap space. They did nothing to improve the team this summer.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Rangers aren't trading for anyone . They will take whoever wants to play at the garden for free while they do their rebuild . Unless they get rid of the cap and let people trade money again

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
The Rangers D is horrible. They have nothing behind their 36 year old goaltender. He can't play 60 plus games anymore. Their forwards are average at best. They are sitting on $5M-$6M cap space. They did nothing to improve the team this summer.

I guess you mean they didn't add any UFA's?
The Rangers did wonders to make their farm system exponentially better than it was a year ago.
That in itself will pay high dividends over the next couple of seasons.

Reactions: slg1963

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Will they most likely “not compete”, yeah. But I think people are kidding themselves thinking the intention is best draft pick possible.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Will they most likely “not compete”, yeah. But I think people are kidding themselves thinking the intention is best draft pick possible.

Organization won't ever admit it but they don't plan on competing in any capacity. Why do you think Claesson was their only addition?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->