Value of: Panarin to LA

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Kings need a legit 1st line LW to play with Kopitar and I’m drooling at the though of Panarin filling that spot.

I know it’s not a for sure and the Blue Jackets are just testing the market... but what would it take from the Kings to get him ?

I don’t know what CBJ’s needs are but Kings need scoring so it would probably have to involve a package of Muzzin/1st/+ ? Two players I don’t see the Kings giving up is Kempe and Vilardi. I also don’t think they’ll trade Pearson or Toffoli away since that would just create a different hole in our top 6.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Two players I don’t see the Kings giving up is Kempe and Vilardi. I also don’t think they’ll trade Pearson or Toffoli away since that would just create a different hole in our top 6.
Then we're done here.

Seriously, Muzzin? Muzzin? We have more LDs than we know what to do with and already have one of the best bluelines in the league, desperately need a gamebreaking scorer, and your offer is basically Muzzin?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
@Viqsi but...buttttt....buttttttttt Carts:D
THEY WILL NEVER FIND THE BODY
chainsaw.gif

Seriously, even if I wasn't perpetually pissed at The Former #7, he's too old to be worth it.

Reactions: Morrison and Fro

evanreynolds1116

Jul 22, 2017
Then we're done here.

Seriously, Muzzin? Muzzin? We have more LDs than we know what to do with and already have one of the best bluelines in the league, desperately need a gamebreaking scorer, and your offer is basically Muzzin?

Like I said, I don't know what your needs are but the Kings are strong on D and weak on O. Need to trade from position of strength.

Oh come on, rEaLlY MuZzIn ? Yes a top pairing Dman from the best defensive team in the league who's signed to a very cap friendly contract for two more years ? I guess if the offer is basically Muzzin, the 1st round pick could be taken off since it means nothing.

It sounds like the teams wouldn't be good trading partners with team needs but don't downplay Muzzin, a 1st, and a prospect as a nothing offer.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Like I said, I don't know what your needs are but the Kings are strong on D and weak on O. Need to trade from position of strength.

Oh come on, rEaLlY MuZzIn ? Yes a top pairing Dman from the best defensive team in the league who's signed to a very cap friendly contract for two more years ? I guess if the offer is basically Muzzin, the 1st round pick could be taken off since it means nothing.

It sounds like the teams wouldn't be good trading partners with team needs but don't downplay Muzzin, a 1st, and a prospect as a nothing offer.
All trades are needs-based. If you offer the Pens a #2C for both Murray and Jarry, that's a crap offer too.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If Panarin is going out, I expect a 70 pt player coming back in return.

CBJ are set on defense and weak at forward. Moving Panarin makes them weaker at forward.

member 88115

Unless you are trading a Panarin for another 70 point UFA, you are not going to get that 70 point player. If E. Kane got 7 mil, Panarin might get 9-10 mil. That is a lot of money for a winger. We need those $$$ to go elsewhere.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Unless you are trading a Panarin for another 70 point UFA, you are not going to get that 70 point player. If E. Kane got 7 mil, Panarin might get 9-10 mil. That is a lot of money for a winger. We need those $$$ to go elsewhere.
Then CBJ will keep Panarin for next season. They're in win-now mode and need forwards.

If you want Panarin, you're going to have to replace a substantial amount of his offense to get the Jackets to agree.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Of course they’re in win now mode. The point is, do you want to lose him for nothing or do you want to gain something nice at the TDL? Or a top 10 draft pick or something.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Of course they’re in win now mode. The point is, do you want to lose him for nothing or do you want to gain something nice at the TDL? Or a top 10 draft pick or something.
I would rather have him for next season.

Reactions: TLEH

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Then CBJ will keep Panarin for next season. They're in win-now mode and need forwards.

If you want Panarin, you're going to have to replace a substantial amount of his offense to get the Jackets to agree.
Replace, hell. Most of his value is in that ability to break games open. I'd want two 50-60 point guys.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Replace, hell. Most of his value is in that ability to break games open. I'd want two 50-60 point guys.
I would strongly consider one.

Which I would understand, just gotta weigh the risks I guess. Teams young. Add some more young but talented pieces. Werenski, PLD and Jones are all so young, korpisalo too.
Yes but a middling defenseman, forward, or a mid/late 1st doesn't satisfy those descriptors.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Like always, if you want a first line winger without giving up a good prospect, you won't get the the first line winger.

Vilardi/Kempe must be available, I don't see CBJ trading Panarin withou a young C coming back.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Kempe, Vilardi, Toffoli, Pearson.. none of these guys are going to be off the table in a potential Panarin trade. And none of them get you close to the right value by themselves.
Blakes not trading those players.Kings can't afford to give up fwd depth only defense depth.Kings need top 6 scoring.Blue Jackets and Kings make bad trading partners if defense and picks aren't what you want.

Reactions: go4hockey

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Blakes not trading those players.Kings can't afford to give up fwd depth only defense depth.Kings need top 6 scoring.Blue Jackets and Kings make bad trading partners if defense and picks aren't what you want.
Defense and picks are the last things we need, so, yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->