Speculation: Panarin to Isles

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Jack Hughes? I think you, like many here, underestimate the talent on and behind that Islanders bench. That is not a bottom feeder team.

They have a fantastic coach but he can't stop pucks, which is unfortunate because their goalies can't eithdf

They are also a 1 line team

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
They have a fantastic coach but he can't stop pucks, which is unfortunate because their goalies can't eithdf

They are also a 1 line team

Let's see what an elite goaltending coach can do with Lehner before assuming goalie is still a weakness. This guy made hall of famers out of Hasek, Rinne, and Holtby.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
really do not like players who bail on their team, and no that is not a shot at Tavares, just a feeling I have on those type of players in general, I always think they are a locker room cancer
How is this bailing on his team? He just simply said that he's not interested in signing a contract at this time, and he's more interested in other locations? He could well sign in Columbus still, but even if he doesn't, he's not bailing on his teammates for that reason. Bailing on his teammates would be not playing his ass off this year.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Pronger bailed on a team immediately after reaching the cup finals with them. Guess he wasn't the sort to battle in the playoffs, right?

Wanting to be happy in your life outside of your job says very little one way or another about your dedication to the quality of your work.
This is so true. People often suggest players are lazy, money hungry, etc. when they don't want to sign with a contender. Things can change quick in this game. Nice to have some stability in a place you want to be. These are human beings after all.

Last edited:

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
If he’s willing to resign, and if it can be done without including Barzal/Wahlstrom/Dobson, I’d be seriously interested.

I’m guessing at least one of those is a No though.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
If i'm Columbus I'd probably just stick it out and lose Panarin for nothing unless for some reason they are already out of the playoff race at the TDL.

Reactions: major major

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
For a UFA to be, Ho Sang + 1st sounds about right.
There is a tweet with a link on the nyi board ,coming out of draft weekend, the isles backed off a EK trade because he would not agree to an extension . Good for Lou.

Zero interest in an unextended Panarin.No interest in Tavares 2.0

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I'm more inclined to wait but I'd offer Lee or Eberle plus if CBJ wants a player who might be more inclined to extend. We can't really afford to trade our 2019 first or either of our 2018 first rounders.
Yeah, I would want that 1st to be #1 protected.
Isles have major question marks in goal and on D.

Reactions: SI90

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Islanders will not trade anything significant for an unsigned Panarin. If a new contract is included, a high end prospect and a 1st is a fair price and reasonable fit for the Isles plans.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
Think Panarin wants an Russian center, Käkäläinen made a mistake when he dont go after Shipachyov , who has playd with Panarin before.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
In an interview on Craig Custance's Full 60 podcast, his prediction is the Islanders make a play for Panarin.

*right around the 9:40 mark*

By now everyone knows the rumors of Panarin's desire for big city/body of water/modeling opportunities (JK).

Isles get their offensive replacement for Tavares and have pieces to make a move.

What could a realistic offer look like assuming you're getting Panarin for 7+ years.

Ho-Sang/Wahlstrom + Eberle +1st?

What do Isles fans think of putting a package together for a signed Panarin?

(edit: just saw Eberle will be a UFA next year... so I don't even know. )

You’re not trading for 7 years of Panarin. You’re trading for 1. You gotta hope you can extend him and that loses trade value.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You’re not trading for 7 years of Panarin. You’re trading for 1. You gotta hope you can extend him and that loses trade value.
Then Columbus needs to look elsewhere for a trade partner.

As Chardo points out the isles will not be trading top assets for 1 guaranteed season of Paranin.
They walked away from a potential EK deal because of his looming unrestricted free agency. No reason to think a potential Paranin trade would be any different.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I’d love Panarin but I don’t think the isles are ina position to trade for him. We have the assets but the isles are better off keeps my thier young assets. The rest of the roster isn’t spectacular. The isles are building through Barzal so trading away a bunch of younger guys doesn’t make sense.

The only way I’d do it and I’m not sure CBJ would want to do it this way is to to a sign and trade with both Panarin and Eberle.

Let’s say for whatever reason Panarin doesn’t want to sign long term with CBJ but would be willing to sign with the isles.

Panarin to isles

Eberle + to CBJ

This seems highly unlikely though.

Columbus is a Cup contender. Makes no sense to swap out Panarin for Eberle for this upcoming season unless the + is significant

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Columbus is a Cup contender. Makes no sense to swap out Panarin for Eberle for this upcoming season unless the + is significant

This was a hypothetical in the event that Panarin wasn’t going to re-sign. You’d still be getting top6 RW production from Eberle. Panarin is the better player obviously but Eberle is a legit point producing Winger.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
This was a hypothetical in the event that Panarin wasn’t going to re-sign. You’d still be getting top6 RW production from Eberle. Panarin is the better player obviously but Eberle is a legit point producing Winger.

Eberle is a UFA next summer, same as Panarin

There's zero incentive to swap one year of Panarin for one year of Eberle unless the + is significant

Reactions: Fro and Viqsi

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Eberle is a UFA next summer, same as Panarin

There's zero incentive to swap one year of Panarin for one year of Eberle unless the + is significant

I was basing it on both players being extend. Which is why I said it would be highly unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad