Proposal: Panarin three way deal (CBJ, CHI, CAR)

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Yes, the best player in the deal moving that's not Panarin. Carolina is essentially paying the price for Chicago to get Panarin in this awful proposal.

I don't disagree, Carolina gets hosed. Just wanted to clear up the semantics since other threads have made interesting comments about Panarin's skill.

Reactions: Viqsi

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Skinner only has 1 year left. It would be a deal where the Canes uprade an immediate situation (Skinner to Panarin) for futures. That is a luxury afforded by having a top-3 prospect pool combined with the desperation of missing the Playoffs for 9 straight years. Panarin-Svechnikov could be a deadly duo.

Anisimov is a Cap dump for Chicago. Milano has effort issues which is a no-go for Rod Brind’Amour. Canes have a ton of roster depth and a ton of 19-23 year old talent. They need elite players.
Milano has never had effort issues? His issue is actually he tries to do way too much. When he should just dump in and change he will sometimes try and out skate 4 defenders and then miss a shot. If he works on simplifying his game he is a solid player who game skate/handle/shoot against any guy out there.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
In what world is Skinner better the Panarin?

The best player in the deal being traded for Panarin.

It's a huge pass for the Canes. Don't even need to debate the value which I (and many others) think is bad for the Canes, the pieces coming back aren't filling a need at all. Skinner gets moved for an upgrade at C or G. If it's for a another winger then it better be a good one.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
isn't anisimov a cap dump? couldn't the canes just offer chicago the 3rd they're giving to cbus for him? if that's the case, just hold on to skinner for hope of a better center, if that fails go to plan double A.

In what world is Skinner better the Panarin?

there technically are no 3 way trades in the nhl. if this happened, cbus would trade panarin to chicago for anisimov and a 1st, then would conduct a second trade of anisimov and milano to carolina for skinner and a 3rd.

Last edited:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
so hawks give up anisimov and what will likely be a pick in the 20's for panarin?

this is bad for every team not named chicago
Yep. It's varying degrees of bad for Columbus (moderately) and Carolina (completely and totally hosed), but it's not even remotely balanced. All Chicago is giving up is a cap dump an OK prospect and a pick that would probably be a late first? I mean shit if all it takes is a bad contract and a first to get Panarin the Canes could offer up a better & younger player with a bad contract, and a better prospect in Rask + Gauthier + 2019 first and it would still be completely hosing Columbus. :laugh:

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Anisimov isn’t a cap dump, the Hawks have plenty of room to keep him, he fills a hole for them, and he’s produced every year they’ve had him. I’d love to know why everyone thinks that Chicago first is going to be late. Crawford’s status is still uncertain and Duncan Keith may well be the only top 4 defender on the team. That pick is much more likely to be top 10 or top 5 than even 20.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Chicago needs to throw another valuable piece to the Canes. They are in a rough spot though. I don’t see them being a contender with their defense and they can’t really rebuild while having Toews and Kane still around their prime.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Chicago needs to throw another valuable piece to the Canes. They are in a rough spot though. I don’t see them being a contender with their defense and they can’t really rebuild while having Toews and Kane still around their prime.

Chicago already gave up Sikura, Anisimov, a first,

Carolina in this deal basically gave Columbus Skinner for Milano while also tossing in a 3rd. If any team needed to give more towards carolina its columbus

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Chicago already gave up Sikura, Anisimov, a first,

Carolina in this deal basically gave Columbus Skinner for Milano while also tossing in a 3rd. If any team needed to give more towards carolina its columbus
Columbus gives up the best player and best prospect/young player in the deal as is.

This just isnt a good deal. Carolina has the younger guys for Panarin but they arent going to sign him. Chicago doesnt have anything really to be the 3rd team in. Just bad fit.

Reactions: DaveG

major major

Feb 18, 2013
That's actually more goals (and points) for less money for Carolina. Milano scored 10 less goals in 27 less games, than Skinner. And he didn't play with Kane or even Panarin.

And this is why Columbus probably isn't so hot on the trade. If Milano had Skinner's minutes, he could outscore him. And of course he'll have a tiny fraction of the salary.

Chicago is the one coming away like bandits here.

Reactions: DaveG

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
If by "inconsistent" you mean 30 goals year in year out then yah. And playing a contract year?

Wait a minute on second though we'll keep him...

Nah, by inconsistent I mean, that he scored 30 or more goals 3 times in 8 seasons. Btw, don't forget to check his last year's statistics...

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I would assume he would smoke it because you said he doesnt score 30 a year and it seems he is right...

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
That's a bad deal for Chicago sikura and a 1st pick No Way. Chicago is building for the future and Dylan is rated very high. Panarin would be a rental for 1 year. If Chicago wants Panarin back they can just wait til next July and have him plus the top pick and sikura has a full season under his belt and we have a idea of how good he is or will be.

Pass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad