Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
if this LOA is being set up by the team, it’s a massively huge misstep. this shouldn’t be given the light of day.

you cant take a chance in this day of age. Even if there is 1% it being true, the team would take a massive PR hit during the investigations. The accusations are alot worse than sending a pic of your dong and the mets took flack for that hire.

I fully believe that he will be exonerated but u have to play it safe. Especially since we aint doing shit this year anyway. So sit back and enjoy Beniers!
Maybe we go full sell mode and get a haul for Zibby! Haha

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Sounds like complete bullshit given the circumstances. f*** Russia.

There is literally zero about this "story," that would make me take a second look at it until there is way more evidence. Oh, Panarin makes anti-Putin remarks yesterday and then one of his KHL cronies comes out the next day accusing him of assault 12 years ago?

Yeah right. Letting this become a story is actually letting them win.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
We should all be thankful for the freedom we have in this country and not take it for granted. I was concerned about something like this with Panarin, this season is a disaster.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
They have to, or else they'd be labeled as not taking it seriously. Although, I would rather them they do an investigation and stay within the confines of 'innocent until proven guilty' but this just seems like a short term thing for them to investigate.

The NYR statement coming shortly will shed more light I am sure.
I mean I wouldn’t take it seriously. all they have to do is say this was cooked up by the russian media in response to panarin’s political comments. the girl herself didn’t say anything, it was brought up by a mentally unstable hockey man and is pure hearsay. move on.

all this does is encourage putin or whoever to pull these stunts in the future. all it does is reinforce how awful this culture is.
this is of course assuming it’s fake. if it’s real, that’s obviously different.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
What alternative universe am I living in that the Knicks are well-run and smooth and the Rangers are underperforming and have all these insane, abnormal distractions?

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I'm not jumping to conclusions.

The LOA could be anything.

Knowing how Putin is, Bread may be at the Justice Department asking for political asylum like Enes Kanter did.

Reactions: mas0764

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
you cant take a chance in this day of age. Even if there is 1% it being true, the team would take a massive PR hit during the investigations. The accusations are alot worse than sending a pic of your dong and the mets took flack for that hire.

I fully believe that he will be exonerated but u have to play it safe. Especially since we aint doing shit this year anyway. So sit back and enjoy Beniers!

Agreed. The team is doing this correctly. It's obviously complete bullshit and Putin must be laughing about upending the season of a premier NHL team, though.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I see that twitter people are immediately jumping to wild speculation as we can always count on them to do.

Garbage bin of the internet. Let the journalists (The good ones) do their damn job.

I mean there's people in this thread who are saying "Makes me think it's true if he didn't just denounce it!" So this place isn't much better.

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Also him taking a leave of absence doesn’t mean it’s likely to be true

The team and him probably agreed to take some time away to get it straightened out. You can say “well just ignore it” but that wouldn’t fly here

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013

I disagree. all this does is say that you can lie about someone and ruin a person’s career. this is so blatantly obviously political. even the most radical feminist can see that when looking at the context.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Since when is there a statute of limitations on assaulting a woman, let alone anyone?

Let's take this with a grain of salt right now given the circumstances with Putin and the whole Navalney support

Um, this doesn't apply because this wasn't done in the US, but legally there definitely is a statute of limitations on assault, at least in some states.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
There is literally zero about this "story," that would make me take a second look at it until there is way more evidence. Oh, Panarin makes anti-Putin remarks yesterday and then one of his KHL cronies comes out the next day accusing him of assault 12 years ago?

Yeah right. Letting this become a story is actually letting them win.

yup. all this does is tell putin or anyone that you can lie about someone and mess with a person’s career. this isn’t even a serious allegation. this is someone else claiming something happened a decade ago to someone else. like come on.

Reactions: cheech70

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Um, this doesn't apply because this wasn't done in the US, but legally there definitely is a statute of limitations on assault, at least in some states.

Can we table this discussion until (Hopefully never) we find that there's any credibility to it at all?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->