Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
The issue is, even if it isn’t true, it is at best now a he said - she said situation. At worst it is a situation where the force of the Russian state will come to bear on Panarin via police, media, etc.

NYR doing extreme damage control after having a bad incident earlier in the year.

Adds up to, he could actually be gone. The hell people.

It’s not a he said/she said. It’s literally the Russian state saying “he’s a criminal which is why he supports another criminal Navalny”

You literally cannot speak in support of Navalny. Especially now. This is obviously cooked up

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Don’t think any of us has enough information to answer the “Why...” question right now.
I think nevesis hit it right on te head... metoo. that’s all.

if that’s the case, that the team is doing this to research into the problem, they’re even dumber than I thought. all they’re doing is feeding into it.

I’m extremely worried that this will mess with him mentally. not to mention how rusty he’ll be if he’s gone for more than a week or two.

what a f***ing mess.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Like the fact that Nazarov is the source, and they deem him as mentally unstable.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Reactions: McD37

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
If true, he can f*** off to wherever Slava Voynov f***ed off to.

If not true, he should probably avoid tea, windows, and pianos for a while.
Great to see another poster jump to conclusions.

So what if it is true? Do you know the circumstances of how it happened?

Like if she maybe attacked him and he was acting in self defence?

But that doesnt fit your narrative.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
if this LOA is being set up by the team, it’s a massively huge misstep. this shouldn’t be given the light of day.
I don’t believe they’re doing the wrong thing. They probably used brooks to get ahead of the story by making sure us media called it false immediately.

Reactions: CLW and romba

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Obviously it sounds like BS and we all want it to be BS. But we don’t know.

If we’re being optimistic we can hope it is BS. We can hope this is a LOA to organize a legal defense, do damage control, and potentially protect The safety of AP and family. Give them time and space to work through this.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
I think nevesis hit it right on te head... metoo. that’s all.

if that’s the case, that the team is doing this to research into the problem, they’re even dumber than I thought. all they’re doing is feeding into it.

I’m extremely worried that this will mess with him mentally. not to mention how rusty he’ll be if he’s gone for more than a week or two.

what a f***ing mess.

They have to, or else they'd be labeled as not taking it seriously. Although, I would rather them they do an investigation and stay within the confines of 'innocent until proven guilty' but this just seems like a short term thing for them to investigate.

The NYR statement coming shortly will shed more light I am sure.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It’s not a he said/she said. It’s literally the Russian state saying “he’s a criminal which is why he supports another criminal Navalny”

You literally cannot speak in support of Navalny. Especially now. This is obviously cooked up
seems to be that way lets hope its true, but either he and therefore the Rangers are totally f***ed

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I see that twitter people are immediately jumping to wild speculation as we can always count on them to do.

Garbage bin of the internet. Let the journalists (The good ones) do their damn job.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
My initial reaction to this is due to the circumstances, it’s probably BS

That said, I support Panarins right to speak out against Putin but you know what happens when you play with fire

Hope his family stays safe

itsPLkielbasa

Aug 30, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
It's hard to believe this has been hidden for 10 years. Probably just Putin stirring shit up scaring his family.

If it is real though, our rebuild is back.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Just a testament to how risky speaking out against the government in that part of the world is, regardless of whether or not it’s true.

A Beijing-based reporter at my company was “detained” by the authorities for writing an unsavory article about China months ago. Not a peep since.

He really should consider never going back there.

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
Him taking a leave of absence just makes me think the allegations are true. If he had said nothing, I probably never would have even heard about this, very strange move by him to add legitimacy to the claims.

Not necessarily, this situation must be causing trouble for him/his family back in Russia. It's possible he is taking a leave of absence to address the related trouble/issues.

Then again we are all just speculating but only time will tell.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Since when is there a statute of limitations on assaulting a woman, let alone anyone?

Let's take this with a grain of salt right now given the circumstances with Putin and the whole Navalney support
no statute of limitations but it would be much worse if its something he did recently dont you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->