Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
While I agree with you the story might seem suspect coming out of Russia and for the reasons we all might think (Putin) being 19/20 years old does not absolve you from assaulting women.

You're not a kid anymore and I'm not defending him if he did it. But there has to be a difference between him doing it last year and 10 years ago, no?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
so is he fearful for his family? I mean what exactly is he doing on his LOA? Is he going back home to check on them or something?

Great question, I thought maybe it was Rangers PR doing their due diligence to investigate the allegations as to not look like tone deaf during the believe women/me too climate.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't get it why he would need to take a leave of absence because of these rumors, unless there's some truth behind it.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
So the distraction doesn't follow the team.

Plus Im sure that the organization wants to investigate this before allowing him to come back.
what distraction is there? say it’s not true, that it’s retaliation from the govt for his posts being anti-putin and move on. pretty sure the entirety of NY would believe him if he said that. all this does is rise suspicion that he did this.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
The issue is, even if it isn’t true, it is at best now a he said - she said situation. At worst it is a situation where the force of the Russian state will come to bear on Panarin via police, media, etc.

NYR doing extreme damage control after having a bad incident earlier in the year.

Adds up to, he could actually be gone. The hell people.

Reactions: Trxjw

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
so is he fearful for his family? I mean what exactly is he doing on his LOA? Is he going back home to check on them or something?
I’d imagine he’s never stepping foot in Russia again, and the team is probably investigating and then if proven false they’ll probably ask him to get citizenship to protect himself.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013

I'm assuming he's going to be meeting with lawyers and such before possibly heading back to Russia to face this. Definitely an unnerving situation on many fronts.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean how long of a leave of absence? Couple of games? I mean do the hockey gods really hate the Rangers that much?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
that’s what I’m thinking so why do this? say its not true. everyone who knows the context would believe its political BS.
Don’t think any of us has enough information to answer the “Why...” question right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->