Panarin/Stone or Hughes/Kakko

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Without a doubt I would do that; I have kakko over Hughes due to the size of Hughes as that worries me. If he fell to #2 I’d take him easily but to ha e the 8thpick and the possibility to move up to maybe 5 for a second or so to get byram is too much to pass up.

And this is why Colorado would never do this...……………...

Kakko and Byram = the potential to draft Pettersson and Hughes in the same draft for Colorado
Why would they ever pass on this?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Simple solution

win loterry sign Stone and panarra

/ez
Id be down with that. Then ice this next year:

Panarin Pettersson Boeser
Kakko Horvat Stone
Roussell Gaudette Virtanen
Leivo Beagle Clamato
Eriksson

Hughes Tanev
Edler Stecher
E Karlsson Hutton

Marky
Demko

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
1) Trade Boeser + 2020 1st for Miro Heiskanen.

2) Watch the Canucks free fall to at or near the basement.

3) Draft one of Kakko or Hughes.

4) Use the opportunity to play with Pettersson on the top line as a selling point to attract one of Stone or Duchene (Boeser being traded = huge need for top line winger to play with Pettersson).

End result:

A) Increase to right sided D prospect pool
B) draft Hughes or Kakko since we’d be a lottery team without Boeser
C) Sign Mark Stone. Stone comes here due to big money and having the opportunity to play with Pettersson.

Goldobin-Pettersson-Stone
Roussel-Horvat-Leivo
Eriksson-Gaudette-Virtanen
Motte-Beagle-MacEwan

Edler-Heiskanen
Hughes-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
1) Trade Boeser + 2020 1st for Miro Heiskanen.

2) Watch the Canucks free fall to at or near the basement.

3) Draft one of Kakko or Hughes.

4) Use the opportunity to play with Pettersson on the top line as a selling point to attract one of Stone or Duchene (Boeser being traded = huge need for top line winger to play with Pettersson).

End result:

A) Increase to right sided D prospect pool
B) draft Hughes or Kakko since we’d be a lottery team without Boeser
C) Sign Mark Stone. Stone comes here due to big money and having the opportunity to play with Pettersson.

Goldobin-Pettersson-Stone
Roussel-Horvat-Leivo
Eriksson-Gaudette-Virtanen
Motte-Beagle-MacEwan

Edler-Heiskanen
Hughes-Tanev
Hutton-Stecher

Dallas won't trade Heiskanen.
So forget whole thing.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I hate the idea of signing stone or panarin. the price will be out of this world. Would love to win a lottery, but gee how's are history on those?

Minn went all in on Parise and Suter in 2013 (?). How's that done for them? Same record the Canucks have and admittedly time has made those extreme salaries not so bad. They paid off for the owner in terms of making the playoffs and ticket sales and season tickets, but the team has done nothing in terms of taking the next step.

I have little confidence in this GM making some brilliant historic move to position us in 2021 for the Stanley Cup.

My hope lies in a good pick this year, Hughes translates well to the NHL, Juolevi becomes a legitimate D man, and Tryamkin comes back. Dahlen steps up. A couple or 3 of Woo, Lind, Madden, Lockwood, Gaudette, MacEwen, etc take the world by storm.

We have one of the best futures in the NHL with Pettersson alone. At this point I would not trade him for anyone not named McDavid. Maybe Dahlin.

Reactions: Var

Var

Nov 10, 2007
I hate the idea of signing stone or panarin. the price will be out of this world. Would love to win a lottery, but gee how's are history on those?

Minn went all in on Parise and Suter in 2013 (?). How's that done for them? Same record the Canucks have and admittedly time has made those extreme salaries not so bad. They paid off for the owner in terms of making the playoffs and ticket sales and season tickets, but the team has done nothing in terms of taking the next step.

I have little confidence in this GM making some brilliant historic move to position us in 2021 for the Stanley Cup.

My hope lies in a good pick this year, Hughes translates well to the NHL, Juolevi becomes a legitimate D man, and Tryamkin comes back. Dahlen steps up. A couple or 3 of Woo, Lind, Madden, Lockwood, Gaudette, MacEwen, etc take the world by storm.

We have one of the best futures in the NHL with Pettersson alone. At this point I would not trade him for anyone not named McDavid. Maybe Dahlin.

Amen.

I like the idea of these FA signings once we've improved more. The season's been better than expected, and we're what, 6 spots off bottom? It'd be good to let the young guys improve more before trying to round out a contending team. Our success has seemed pretty flimsy if you consider what would happen if Pettersson / Markstrom were out for a long period of time. Imagine signing a FA and then not making the playoffs? No good.

Much more a fan of small moves at the deadline, if any.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Panarin and Stone are UFA's on July 1st. The chances of either guy re-signing in VanCity is less than zero. Why would a rebuilding team like the Canucks give up assets for four months of either player?

Yeah, it looks like it's not this way for Panarin.

pullyoursocksup

Jun 30, 2009
Getting any of these guys is still a pipe dream, but if the Canucks miss the playoffs, would you rather:

A. Win the 1st or 2nd lottery pick

B. Sign Panarin or Stone in free agency

I'm personally torn since getting Hughes or Kakko would mean that they could sign a defenseman in FA, and have a young winger for EP or BH.
While losing the lottery would let them select one of Byram/Seider/Broberg/York/Soderstrom and then sign Panarin/Stone which could make one of our lines rival the likes of Boston and Colorado (Panarin-Pettersson-Boeser)

100% with certainty hughes or kakko and it is not even close whatsoever.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Draft Kakko sign Panarin our top 6 is set for forseeable future. Then if we can trade Sutter and Gudbranson we do it for picks. Lastly after Eriksson gets his next bonus we try to move him to a cap floor team if have to add a sweetener but dollar wise he's not owed much after next bonus. Then we can have dollars to add a stud Dman yes it's nice to dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->