Proposal: Panarin - Stone - Nylander (all signed long term)

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Not to be a doosh nozzle here, but if Stone wanted to sign long term in Ottawa, why didn't he?
Becuase he wants to see what happens with Karlsson trade. That's the big question mark. If sens get a decent return, that not only entices stone to stay and gets him the "C" but also encourages Duchene and others next year. Plus he know he has Jan onwards to see how the team will shape out.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
if Karlsson is electric, there's a chance of that, but he's the face of the team and you said you think he's leaving
He's not the only one that scores and one can argue his defensive lapses costs us games too. You forget to mention that the Sens will not just give away karlsson.His trade return will have impact to the team also. Sens will get their stud young player or they won't trade.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
He's not the only one that scores and one can argue his defensive lapses costs us games too. You forget to mention that the Sens will not just give away karlsson.His trade return will have impact to the team also. Sens will get their stud young player or they won't trade.
I don't think it's reasonable to say that a guy who just got voted the best player in the league at his position costs you near as many games as he wins you, he's as good as it gets so replacing him with literally anyone makes you a worse team, from what was already a bad team.

Karlsson will bring a big return, but I would guess that it would heavily revolve around future assets unless he's signed to a long extension because otherwise the acquiring team would be getting him to go for a short cup run and trading an equivalent roster asset would be a lateral move in terms of improving their teams' chances of winning a cup - if he's a rental, he gets the kind of return that rentals get, picks & prospects

anyway, if you're projecting improvement on the Sens right now, I would say that's a really optimistic view. There is a lot of problems to deal with in Ottawa at the moment

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
a fringe playoff team? lol your going to give colorado hughes on a platter. Look at your division you play in and the top teams in that division. Even the actual fringe playoff teams like florida would decimate your team. Ottawa will be bottom 5 in the nhl for the next 3 years minimum.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
a fringe playoff team? lol your going to give colorado hughes on a platter. Look at your division you play in and the top teams in that division. Even the actual fringe playoff teams like florida would decimate your team. Ottawa will be bottom 5 in the nhl for the next 3 years minimum.
LOL puck hasn't even dropped yet. How about we bet on it? If the sens are a botttom give team this year in the league I'll leave these boards and if they aren't you leave.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Toronto has to add here, they are getting by far the best player of the 3. I think Ottawa and Columbus could get more in separate deals.

They are also giving up by far the youngest guy, and the only one not a pending UFA after the season

at the same age nopody even knew who panarin or stone were. they were both years away from making an impact at the nhl

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
LOL puck hasn't even dropped yet. How about we bet on it? If the sens are a botttom give team this year in the league I'll leave these boards and if they aren't you leave.

Absolutely, Deal.

I hope it doesn't hit you to hard when you realize your team is rubbish. I mean that in a good way.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
personally I am willing to bet no one from Ottawa gets traded until the deadline. They need to finish mid round and not dead last.

The team is such a joke right now that other fan bases don't even laugh at the Sens now, they pity them. If the Sens lose the 1st overall to Colorado, it doesn't matter how much better the future gets, that deal will haunt them.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
personally I am willing to bet no one from Ottawa gets traded until the deadline. They need to finish mid round and not dead last.

The team is such a joke right now that other fan bases don't even laugh at the Sens now, they pity them. If the Sens lose the 1st overall to Colorado, it doesn't matter how much better the future gets, that deal will haunt them.

Question:

Would you as a sens fan rather of given up your first rounder this year or next year. Next year would be assuming you traded ek and the gang before obviously to ensure the tank is full force?

No offence to brady thachuck wasn't very high on him compared to other players available but whats your opinion because if you guys had traded ek and the gang before this year it would almost be a guarantee bottom 1-3 finish.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If Nylander is willing to sign for 6.5, but Panarin is looking for 10..i think the leafs pass

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

I say this seriously, without taking shots....as a fan of a team that gave up #2 and #9 picks in the same deal, you are correct....you will never live down giving up #1.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I say this seriously, without taking shots....as a fan of a team that gave up #2 and #9 picks in the same deal, you are correct....you will never live down giving up #1.

I say this seriously, without taking shots....as an economist, you guys are wrong....Ottawa has already given it up. Whether they finish dead last or 10th last they already gave up their shot at the #1OA. They're not looking good either way.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Leafs aren't going to pay to downgrade their D (move Zaitsev for someone cheaper as per OP) in order to upgrade their already potent offense.
Downgrade their D from Zaitsev. How much lower can you downgrade from Zaitsev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad