Proposal: Panarin 2019-20

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
2019-20

Trade: Brandon Saad for picks/prospects (no cap back, or 1 year cap-dump coming back)

Bridge: Nick Schmaltz 3.65 x 2 (Sam Reinhart deal)
Bridge: Gustav Forsling 1.2 x 2
Bridge: Dylan Sikura 1 x 2

Re-sign: David Kampf .850 x 1
Re-sign: Marcus Kruger 1 x 1

Waive: Brandon Manning (preferably trade if possible, add a 3rd on-top if a team will take)

Call-up: Adam Boqvist

Sign: Artemi Panarin 9.5 x 7
Sign: Backup goaltender @ 1.5-2M
Sign/Call-up: Extra forwards for 23 man roster

Debrincat-Toews-Kahun
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Sikura-Schmaltz-Hayden
Fortin-Kruger-Kampf

Keith-Jokiharju
Forsling-Seabrook
Boqvist-Murphy
Gustafsson

Crawford
Backup

The year after, trade Anisimov and Murphy to accommodate Debrincat and Kahun’s raise. (or Kahun walks, and position replaced internally).

It's totally doable, nothing I've stated is unrealistic. The hardest thing would be finding a taker for Saad, and hoping Panarin signs here. (other option could be Duchene)

Reactions: migi

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Not bad at all.

One change in to that lineup:

One of Wise, Kayumov or some other more skilled forward bumps Hayden to 4th line. Fortin isnt smart enough to play that role and Hayden has already showed he can add offense to that line.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Not bad at all.

One change in to that lineup:

One of Wise, Kayumov or some other more skilled forward bumps Hayden to 4th line. Fortin isnt smart enough to play that role and Hayden has already showed he can add offense to that line.

Don't know if Wise will be ready so soon, but I could see Kayumov turning heads in training camp. Maybe someone like Soderlund too. Is there another upcoming Euro FA we can sign? :laugh:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'll never understand poster's willingness to part with Anisimov and Murphy. They're guaranteed good players

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I'll never understand poster's willingness to part with Anisimov and Murphy. They're guaranteed good players
So how do you intend on re-signing Debrincat in 2020-21? Anisimov is bad value at 4.45M if he's not playing with Kane.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
So how do you intend on re-signing Debrincat in 2020-21? Anisimov is bad value at 4.45M if he's not playing with Kane.

Worry about that in 2 years. A lot can and will happen between then and now

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Crawford would be a UFA when Brinksy needs to be re-signed. Obviously we could re-sign him, but it wouldn't be at 6m a year. Not at his age and with his health concerns.

Sign Crow to 2m a year and have a guy like Nalimov, make it a 1a/1b scenario and use the 4m (ish) cap to help sign DeBrincat.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Crawford would be a UFA when Brinksy needs to be re-signed. Obviously we could re-sign him, but it wouldn't be at 6m a year. Not at his age and with his health concerns.

Sign Crow to 2m a year and have a guy like Nalimov, make it a 1a/1b scenario and use the 4m (ish) cap to help sign DeBrincat.

I highly doubt Crawford signs for 2M, especially if he's putting up mid-tier starter numbers. I could see 4-4.5M.

If he's constantly missing games between now and then, and putting up average numbers, then I could see constant 1 year deals at 2M-3M.

Reactions: AmericanDream

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I highly doubt Crawford signs for 2M, especially if he's putting up mid-tier starter numbers. I could see 4-4.5M.

If he's constantly missing games between now and then, and putting up average numbers, then I could see constant 1 year deals at 2M-3M.
He'll be a few months shy of 35 when his new contract would kick in and he's had huge concussion issues. He'll only be signed to a 4m contract if a team is willing to overpay. If he wants to stay, and I hope he does, it'll be in that 2-3m range. And that will help some when trying to sign someone like DeBrincat.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
He'll be a few months shy of 35 when his new contract would kick in and he's had huge concussion issues. He'll only be signed to a 4m contract if a team is willing to overpay. If he wants to stay, and I hope he does, it'll be in that 2-3m range. And that will help some when trying to sign someone like DeBrincat.

Cam Ward (34), with a worse track record signed a 3M deal. We're splitting hairs here at this point, but I still think someone would have to be moved, Crawford's pay cut won't be enough (unless cap goes up a bunch).

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Cam Ward (34), with a worse track record signed a 3M deal. We're splitting hairs here at this point, but I still think someone would have to be moved, Crawford's pay cut won't be enough (unless cap goes up a bunch).
Cam Ward was overpayment and we all know this. And he's never missed 10 months due to concussions. Teams will not be overly excited about signing a goalie that age with his issues to what a regular starter would make (4-7m).

Either way, I agree that we're splitting hairs. But a few million less here, a few million less there, the cap can be worked out if we wanted to try to get Bread back and keep Brinksy.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
I have no idea why people seem to think Panarin is coming back to Chicago. He was f***ed by the Blackhawks and sent off to god awful Columbus against his will. Now he wants to be a free agent so he can pick where he wants to play. Do ya really think he is going back to the team that f***ed him? No one is that stupid.

But anyway......carry on..

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I have no idea why people seem to think Panarin is coming back to Chicago. He was ****ed by the Blackhawks and sent off to god awful Columbus against his will. Now he wants to be a free agent so he can pick where he wants to play. Do ya really think he is going back to the team that ****ed him? No one is that stupid.

It was literally reported months ago that he'd entertain the idea of coming back here as well as mentioning multiple things he loved about being here as opposed to Columbus. And he would not be the first former Blackhawk to make a return here.

We might not be his preferred destination, but everything points to us at least being in the discussion.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the past 2 days, esp yesterday i have refrain from posting anything negative on the goal-tending. esp with CC coming back. i even stop myself from writing what i really thought ..... at the time.

now to own up. i really thought CC hoopla was a going on top type of good bye. i thought he would see for himself or for the league officials that he is still affected from his upper body injury and goes back on the LTIR..... well i was wrong.

i am still not too sure on his play yesterday..... the team now has a goalie problem..... too many at the top level.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If the Hawks match the highest offer and gave a NMC, I think he’d come here. But yeah, he might want to try something different, still can go get Karlsson then and trade Joki or Boqvist for another exciting player.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
If the Hawks match the highest offer and gave a NMC, I think he’d come here. But yeah, he might want to try something different, still can go get Karlsson then and trade Joki or Boqvist for another exciting player.

This contract will likely be his last big one in the NHL (it'll expire when he's 35) - so if he really enjoyed Chicago, and signs here - he'd be here for the entire contract (assuming he gets a NMC).

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I have no idea why people seem to think Panarin is coming back to Chicago. He was ****ed by the Blackhawks and sent off to god awful Columbus against his will. Now he wants to be a free agent so he can pick where he wants to play. Do ya really think he is going back to the team that ****ed him? No one is that stupid.

He’d come back because there’s lots of earning potential in the Chicago endorsement market. He just wouldn’t do it for a below market UFA deal.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I’d keep all three as Boqvist can play the left side.

Don’t mind throwing money At Karlsson first before going after Panarin.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad