TV: Pam & Tommy (Hulu)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I still don't get why this was the concept they arrived at for a story but two episodes in, I like what I'm seeing. Well produced, well acted, it's solid.

Though I have to say the uh gratuitous prosthetics were pretty hysterical.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Watched the first 3 episodes when it came out and its pretty good. Cant remember the last time I saw Rogen in anything (meaning, I feel its been a while)

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I started watching the first episode but I was having a hard time NOT thinking about last week's John Campea episode where Campea said Tommy talks to his dick and Campea's brother-in-law Ray Ora said "Imagine if the dick was like Venom? *uses his hand to depict Venom talking* Tommy! Find me a blonde!"... :laugh:

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Series is great so far, I remember when the story hit the news. I also remember downloading 'the tape' on kazaa once upon a time.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I've been sick all weekend and I binged that thing, thinking it'd be completely dumb. It's not. For one thing, I despise Seth Rogen, really can't stand him and he's in there a lot. It's probably his best role ever, but he's still wrong for the part. The rest of the cast is great. Pam and Tommy are far-fetched caricatures, but the actors manage to make them really likable (it's a feat in both cases really). Offerman might do a little too much, but I was thrilled to see Andrew Dice Clay. The series is an absolute treasure if you're looking for something counter-performative: it makes the couple victims of being exploited while exploiting them ; it makes a strong case of Pamela being treated as an object (a slut doesn't have rights) while objectifying her (and every other female character). On a moral level, I think it asks a few interesting questions, and not only in the plot, as an object itself too. On a narrative level, I get that the "Greatest love story of all times" tag is meant to be sarcastic, but I really thought it was a beautiful love story! And it is tragic too. The fact that the real life Rand Gauthier (Rogen's character) was just as much as a pathetic loser as his depiction in this is also hilarious. It's not a film, but if it was, I might go as up as 6/10 for this one.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I started watching the first episode but I was having a hard time NOT thinking about last week's John Campea episode where Campea said Tommy talks to his dick and Campea's brother-in-law Ray Ora said "Imagine if the dick was like Venom? *uses his hand to depict Venom talking* Tommy! Find me a blonde!"... :laugh:

Pretty close to the talking penis from Marquis, an amazing little film.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad