Proposal: Palmieri to Pittsburgh

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
We fundamentally disagree on these players and where the old GM went wrong.

If you can show me deals where JR made real efforts to bring in players to help the PP, I'll happily concede. But we both know he didn't.

LOL ... you want too fix this mess? Our fan base ... whoever wants to stick with the core and make more improvements just to give them another shot are complete zeros. You realize we don't have many picks; only have maybe two prospects people would want and have zero cap, but yet ... we are going to rent Palmeiri and make this rebuild like the Pirates.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
LOL ... you want too fix this mess? Our fan base ... whoever wants to stick with the core and make more improvements just to give them another shot are complete zeros. You realize we don't have many picks; only have maybe two prospects people would want and have zero cap, but yet ... we are going to rent Palmeiri and make this rebuild like the Pirates.

Like I figured, you aren't able to show proof of JR making the sort of moves this team needs the last few years.

I want to see if a new GM can replace the skillsets that JR couldn't before writing this group off.

Devilinlillinois

Jun 5, 2015
Zucker for Palmieri makes sense in a vacuum as a 1:1 swap but Zucker is signed for 3yrs and Pams will be a UFA at seasons end. We gave up a lot for Zucker so I'm not sure dumping that for a UFA is the smartest thing unless there was something else coming back.

That said, NJ has some decent young guys that could even the value. Maltsev, Foote, Boqvist, Merkley...

If were trading palms it's for more futures Zucker is a no go

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad