What will be Palmieri's return?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Palmieri was held out of yesterday's Devils game, as his agent said, "in anticipation of a trade in the coming days".

The teams that have said to be considering him are (in no particular order): Bruins, Islanders, Hurricanes, Avalanche, Penguins, Leafs, Oilers, Wild and others. The return is expected to be some combination of prospects and picks.

Question: What do you expect the final return to be?

Definitions - players, prospects and picks
A: Sandin, Jarvis, Holloway, Boldy, Robertson, Rossi, Studnicka, Wahstrom
B: Poulin, Niemela, Timmins, Wilde, Beecher, Liljegren, Gunler, Kaut, Addison, Barron
C: Legare, Bellows, Abramov, Gruden, Helleson, Bolduc, Beaucage, Salo

[can chose two options]

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Out of these options b-prospect + pick, 1st or 2nd.

Which pick depends on how many teams want him and how they view their draft picks this upcoming draft.

"Hey scouts, so how's the draft projections coming along, any of the guys we like making progress?"

Scouts:
cfni.gif

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Seems like it will be quite the buyers market, could he fetch a 1st? Maybe, but i'm leaning on no.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
For the Bruins Bjork/"B" prospect and the 2nd round pick would be a nice trade by Sweeney. Committing a 1st to a rental this year is difficult especially with the expansion draft. Rentals are likely not going to be retained.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
For the Bruins Bjork/"B" prospect and the 2nd round pick would be a nice trade by Sweeney. Committing a 1st to a rental this year is difficult especially with the expansion draft. Rentals are likely not going to be retained.

On the other hand OHL is still not playing and WHL only had a 20 game season or whatever it was so the draft is probably a bit more of a crapshoot than normally. And the expansion draft is kind of irrelevant with Palmieri who is an UFA.

Hockey Fanatik

Mar 28, 2021
C prospect and a 2nd. What team is going to give a 1st for Palmeri when they don't even want to give a 1st for Hall
That could be Attributed to Palmieri being sixth in goals among RWs in the last x amount of years (forgot if its the last 4 or 5)

Hall is better but hes not a goal scorer like Kyle is

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
On the other hand OHL is still not playing and WHL only had a 20 game season or whatever it was so the draft is probably a bit more of a crapshoot than normally. And the expansion draft is kind of irrelevant with Palmieri who is an UFA.

A team paying a 1st may expect to extend Palmieri in a normal year was my line of thought.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If it's the Pens acquiring him then the very last option, but if it's a division rival acquiring him them the very top option.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
C prospect + 2nd.

Well I guess it depends on what you consider a C prospect. I consider A prospects the Sanderson’s and Byfields of the world who never get traded. I’d consider a B prospect the Holloway’s/Newhook’s/Boldy’s which he certainly isn’t returning. So maybe the next tier?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Went with first and a B prospect but that's assuming someone overpays. A 2nd and a B prospect is probably more realistic.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
A team paying a 1st may expect to extend Palmieri in a normal year was my line of thought.

Ah. Well the possibility is still there, i think with him what matters the most is how much he likes to play on his new team. If both parties want an extension, they can wait out the ED and Palms doesn’t have to go out and listen to a bunch of teams at the start of FA. At the end of the day it’s his choice.

I don’t know how often teams expect to extend rental UFAs even in a normal year though, especially complimentary pieces.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Way more than many think. Look at that company!!!

I'm thinking a 1st, 2nd, and A prospect.

Since 2015-2016 he's scored 13 more goals (2.4/year) than Toffoli. Who last year brought back a 2nd, b prospect, and a roster player.

Also Toffoli is very good defensively I don't know how good Palmieri is in his own end but at best I'd say he's on par with TT.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Since 2015-2016 he's scored 13 more goals (2.4/year) than Toffoli. Who last year brought back a 2nd, b prospect, and a roster player.

Also Toffoli is very good defensively I don't know how good Palmieri is in his own end but at best I'd say he's on par with TT.

I think this seems like the most likely comp for any straight-up Palmieri deal.
(VAN didn't have a 1st pick at the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad