Palm Springs Firebirds?

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Reactions: JMCx4

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
I'm surprised they're not trying to connect with the local Agua Caliente and Cahuilla mythology. Firebird is used by Flint and is also pretty similar to Springfield's Thunderbirds. I'm surprised this is coming out and they're still awhile away from announcing the team.

Reactions: Morrison

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Interesting considering the NHL franchise doesn't even have their identity yet. I guess possibly they have a few ideas for this team name and to trademark the names while they're available?

Just feels extremely early for this

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

Discussion in Seattle forum on nicknames, etc.

Latest word is that the organization could have announced a name this summer in advance of 2020 start, but with start pushed to 2021, are doing more thoughtful consideration of (NHL) logo/nickname as it pertains to team identity and vision, as well as more time for lawyers to do due diligence on trademarks.

Not mentioned, but my guess is they're doing the AHL logo/nickname work as well.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My guess is the new AHL team colors may be relatable to the NHL team colors (which haven't been announced yet; but they've been using salmon pink on social media).

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Last season, 356 players — roughly half of the AHL — also spent time in the NHL.
356 players works out to 23 players per team, which might be roughly the average number of players on a team at any given time, but not the total number used over a season. Kind of a misleading statistic IMO.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Palm Springs (and all the cities of the Coachella Valley) are most definitely not in the Mojave Desert. Sonora is correct.
More specifically, it is in a sub-region of the Sonoran Desert known as the Colorado Desert. The Mojave Desert is north & west of the Sonoran Desert.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad