Confirmed with Link: Paliotta Recalled - and then sent back down

KlichkoBro*

Surprise. With JMFJ injured the Jackets have only 2 left-handed defensemen remaining and now with Paliotta 5 right-handed. I'd have expected Heatherington to get called up.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
If they can deal with the imbalance for one game, they can call up Heatherington without sending anybody down after the trade deadline on Monday.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Yeah, been waiting on this one for a while. I'll actually watch the game now.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I did not see much of Paliotta (I tend to watch the Panthers pretty closely as well - they're kind of becoming a #3 team for me as they've pretty much done what I was hoping we were going to do), but what I did see was extremely discouraging. :(

KlichkoBro*

In a few Cleveland games I've seen this season Heatherington looked much better for me. That's also why I was surprised they called up Paliotta. Kukan also looked like a better option, but he's injured now.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Watched only him for the entirety of his first shift. Absolutely lost, not NHL material from the 7 min TOI and 4 PIMS I saw out of him. Maybe someday, but can't imagine him in anything besides a 3rd pairing role.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
In a few Cleveland games I've seen this season Heatherington looked much better for me. That's also why I was surprised they called up Paliotta. Kukan also looked like a better option, but he's injured now.

I thought Heatherington looked better in the one game I saw as well.

Maybe they are having doubts about Paliotta and just wanted a look?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Prout has been fine the past month or so IMO.
Fine for bottom pairing. He still has occasional turnovers and miscues that make me howl for his blood (best example yesterday: the goal that got overturned as offsides on a coaches' challenge), but overall he's gotten a lot better. If he keeps this up we just might have to qualify him. :)

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
He wasn't good, and it's completely rational to determine that he'll never make it based on seven minutes of ice time.:shakehead

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Anyone remember what Trotz said about Ekholm (now their good second pair D) when he was first called up?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't want Prout back. He's been better lately but we've seen his ups and downs before and he doesn't have either the composure or the hockey sense to play in the NHL.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
It was very clear that the game was too fast for Paliotta yesterday. Decent skater, good size but was like a deer in the headlights last night and not just the first shift. To be fair, he did have a few nice passes under pressure but defensively he had no idea of assignment or positioning which tells me the game is still too fast for him.

Honestly, I'm not sure why Goloubef didn't play to get Paliotta a day or two of practice with the club. Granted, it's trade deadline time and maybe there were bigger things at work with this move.

As to Prout... Sorry but he is still not worth a spot on a good NHL team. I just don't see it. Admittedly, he has played better of late but he's still no better than a 7/fill in in my opinion. I do like that he has used his size more lately and has simplified his game a little (again) but it's a fleeting moment I fear. If he could be moved, by all means do it. I would not be surprised if he wasn't qualified. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if he was. Just seems like a waste of money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad