Paint Chips on Composite

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
Quickie question:
I just got a Mission Z-1 composite, one-piece. I taped it for the first time the other day and played with it. 2-3 days later, I take the tape off to re-tape and when I pull the tape off, a HUGE chunk of the silver overcoat came off on the tape, about the size of a mini-cdr. Is this normal? Will it affect the stick? Should I exchange it? It was on ubersale for like $60 so it's not a total loss but just kind of annoying considering I just bought it. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

RangersMoogle

Oct 25, 2005
Ohio
www.tehinter.net
I can't speak for Missions, but when I ganked the tape off my Synergy for the first time, part of the clear coat of paint, or whatever it was, came off. I didn't really think anything of it, it's not like it's essential to the structural integrity (I don't get to say that enough) of the stick. It's just paint. I don't think it will have any adverse effects on the stick if it's removed.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
It's just paint....don't worry about it unless there's like a deep chip in the stick itself. Plus, idk if you could get it exchanged cause it is a stick so paint chips, etc are expected. Some sticks just don't have a nice clear overcoat on it so everything chips like heck...like the new white Ultra Lites. Mine isn't white anymore, more dalmation than anything cause the black of the stick is showing up all over the chipped white.

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
It's just paint....don't worry about it unless there's like a deep chip in the stick itself. Plus, idk if you could get it exchanged cause it is a stick so paint chips, etc are expected. Some sticks just don't have a nice clear overcoat on it so everything chips like heck...like the new white Ultra Lites. Mine isn't white anymore, more dalmation than anything cause the black of the stick is showing up all over the chipped white.

OK, np. It is my first composite so I wasn't exactly sure. Thanks for the advice people! :)

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
tommy-boy-holy-schneike-edition-200.jpg

"Did you eat a lot of paint chips as a child?"

"Hehehe...... why?"

MacBeatsPang

Oct 25, 2006
I also have a Z-1 I bought on sale and the first time I used it in a game it got a huge chunk of paint taken off toward the bottom of the shaft. It hasn't made a difference in the performance of the stick as far as I can tell. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad