OT: Painkillers in the NHL

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
Its not just the NHL. Use is rampant in the NFL, too. MLB i have heard a few stories, as well. NBA doesnt seem to have that issue as of yet.

In any case, its pretty awful. Theres a pending doc on the Sackler family about this. Im sure it will be eye opening.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Its not just the NHL. Use is rampant in the NFL, too. MLB i have heard a few stories, as well. NBA doesnt seem to have that issue as of yet.

In any case, its pretty awful. Theres a pending doc on the Sackler family about this. Im sure it will be eye opening.
it`s not just sports either, I suffered a concussion and some bruised ribs after getting hit by a car about 10 years ago, the physician at the hospital was only too quick to whip out his pad and immediately about to write me a script for Percocet, thankfully I was lucid enough to make him aware that I was an addict and there was no f`in chance he was giving me that.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
One thing thing the NHL could do aside from a culture change, is expand roster sizes during the regular season too allow for more player rotation. A player gets a minor knock and instead of feeling forced to play through it and make it worse, take a game or two off and teams would be able to slot someone else in without having to fuss with waivers, call-ups etc.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad