Painful skates

Easton

Aug 7, 2005
So, I recently tried skating for the first time in over five years and experienced pain around the instep area of my foot, especially around that bone. Of course, it has been a while, but it just reminded me of all the times I used to skate and frequently experiencing pain in the same area. Even when I used to skate consistently, the first 15 minutes were OK, afterwards that bone would become such a pain every time I pushed off.

Is this just me or have other people experienced before too? I remember when I used to play hockey I bought these foam pads and stuck next to the area where my bone would lie, but that didn't do much.

(Also, could anyone please tell me if they know of a place that sells hockey rollerblades somewhere around North Carolina, specifically around the Asheville area? :banghead:)

JLHockeyKnight

IMA Real American
Apr 19, 2006
North Central Jersey
Probably just the shape of the boot is different than your usual shoe. I know simply changing shoe types or shoe brands can cause pain for a few days while my foot adjusts. If it isn't gone in a few tries try to get an insole that you can get heat molded to your foot.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
If your instep is hurting, skate might be a bit shallow, or your just having lace bite issues. I know you say you tried the foam pads, idk how thick or whatever they are, but try some Maltese Gel Lace Bite pads...I hear lotta good things about them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad