Paille v. Carkner

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Boo hoo hoo. He already took care of your 'fighter', what did you want him to do?
I don't know, go after a fighter perhaps? Paille might've been the least threatening person he could've possibly gone after. He's playing a team with Zdeno Chara, Shawn Thornton, Adam McQuaid, Johnny Boychuk, Nathan Horton, and even smaller guys that do fight like Greg Campbell and Andrew Ference, and he wants to go after Daniel Paille? What a toughguy. He'll get his down the road.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
I see Paille drop his gloves first, and going at Carkner just as much as Carkner went at him before hand.

Bruins fans really like to whine about this kinda stuff though. My god you guys must think your team is made up of a bunch of nancys. Neil went after Seidenberg! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! Carkner went after Paille! CALL THE POLICE!!!!!

Big Bad Bruins....

Just another bitter sens fan...Can't really blame him though. Gave away Heatley, Your Avatar is on the shelf, No real bright spots for the team whatsoever and your GM can't pronounce any word involving an s or ph in it. Get that man some Spinachh.

At least they have Cory Clouston as their HC, he's as inspiring as a coffee table loaded full of O Magazines.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
It's funny, that's exactly what I was getting ready to post. You just beat me to the punch.

This is EXACTLY what Sens fans used to complain about with the Leafs. Can't keep up in the game, so they just start gooning around for no purpose other than to give the fans some red meat.

And where are Sens fans denying this? Yeah Carkner picked a fight with a non fighter, who cares. It's hockey.

I don't know, go after a fighter perhaps? Paille might've been the least threatening person he could've possibly gone after. He's playing a team with Zdeno Chara, Shawn Thornton, Adam McQuaid, Johnny Boychuk, Nathan Horton, and even smaller guys that do fight like Greg Campbell and Andrew Ference, and he wants to go after Daniel Paille? What a toughguy. He'll get his down the road.

From who? He's tried to get Chara to go plenty in the past, and he can easily handle Thornton or any of the other Bruins secondary tough guys. Lucic included.

Last edited:

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
From who? He's tried to get Chara to go plenty in the past, and he can easily handle Thornton or any of the other Bruins secondary tough guys. Lucic included.
Thats not the point, though Carkner doesn't "easily handle" Thornton. Thornton handled Carkner in two of their three prior fights and the third was a draw. Carkner won last night but it was still a pretty good fight.

If you're getting blown out and you don't want to play anymore, go after somebody who fights. Not Daniel Paille. The very notion of him going after Paille is silly.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I love the fact that Carkner picked on Paille, hit him after the reffs jumped in and then then went down after eating a couple.

And for those who don't know-

Last edited:

Billy Madison*

Carkner had no one left to fight. Lucic was out, Thornton had his ass handed to him (Carkner also held up when he could have fed him after being cold cocked), and Chara wasn't the one who cross checked Carkner on the forcheck.

Someone should post Carkner's first fight against Thornton just for good measure. Who hasn't Carkner knocked out at this point in his career?

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Carkner had no one left to fight. Lucic was out, Thornton had his ass handed to him (Carkner also held up when he could have fed him after being cold cocked), and Chara wasn't the one who cross checked Carkner on the forcheck.

Someone should post Carkner's first fight against Thornton just for good measure. Who hasn't Carkner knocked out at this point in his career?

paille

Billy Madison*

I wonder what would have happened if the linesmen didn't jump in, haha. Don't have a problem with the shots Paille through when Carkner was being grabbed because like most people have said, it wasn't really a fair fight to begin with. That said, Paille's life was saved by the linesman.

Anyways, Carkner took out your heavy weight, did it with class and within the code, held up when Thornton was down. Paille, wrong place, wrong time, wrong player.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Who did? Because Paille's stick literally never left the ice. All Paille did was prevent him from going to his right while trying to play the puck in that direction.

Johnny Boychuk was on the ice, Adam McQuaid was in the game, and whats wrong with round 2 vs Thornton? One win (in a pretty good fight) and all of a sudden he's not worth his time? Thornton's won most of their fights. The first video (I think) is their first fight.

Last edited:

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site

guess you really didnt bother watching those clips above, ya know, of what actually happend, did ya?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
No problem with Paille doing that when the blood gets pumping but that's a BS move by the refs. Once Paille started throwing haymakers they should have let go again.

No they shouldn't, unless they wanted to see Paille get knocked out. Paille tucked his chin nicely so that his visor and helmet took most of the punishment.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
I'll tell you who's tough: Matt Carkner. Now you know.

yea he is so tough, whats his record vs Thornton?

I find this ironic.

how? you still mad about the Bruins thrashers brawl? haha get over it. still commenting on my posts, thats creepy. make a point or get the **** out. either way **** off. weird

Boo hoo hoo. He already took care of your 'fighter', what did you want him to do? And yes...that's Ottawa Senators hockey for you right now. So again, get used to it.

thats sens hockey? you guys have two guys who can fight on your team. if your plan is to finish out the season by gooning it up, its going to be an even longer season than you thought. and again, Thornton is 3-1 vs carkner

NewJackEdwards

Jun 8, 2010
CT
I see Paille drop his gloves first, and going at Carkner just as much as Carkner went at him before hand.

Bruins fans really like to whine about this kinda stuff though. My god you guys must think your team is made up of a bunch of nancys. Neil went after Seidenberg! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! Carkner went after Paille! CALL THE POLICE!!!!!

Big Bad Bruins....

I'd love to see your response to Chara doing the exact same thing to Ryan Shannon

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
LOL at Sens fans actually defending Carkner here, take off your homer classes. Paille gave him a tiny bump, a completely routine and extremely soft body check, not even remotely close to be dirty or a penalty. "Classless" is thrown around too often, but it fits perfectly here, a heavyweight jumping and absolutely forcing a fight on a small non-fighter over one of the lightest hits you'll ever see is the definition of classless, totally against the code and something that you basically never see in hockey. Carkner was 100% in the wrong here, and it's just so awesome that he got his a$$ handed to him. And I say this as a fellow Canadian who does not like the Bruins.

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
1 win, 2 losses, and 1 draw.

Not the best record, but Carkner is obviously a better fighter than Thornton.

:laugh:

Wait, so Carkner, by your own admission, has lost to Thornton twice, won 1, and then there was a tie, and that makes him "obviously the better fighter"?

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
:laugh:

Wait, so Carkner, by your own admission, has lost to Thornton twice, won 1, and then there was a tie, and that makes him "obviously the better fighter"?

What?

No, Carkner being bigger, stronger, with a better reach and hammer of a right hand is what makes him the better fighter. Ask Brashear, Boogaard or Godard.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
What?

No, Carkner being bigger, stronger, with a better reach and hammer of a right hand is what makes him the better fighter. Ask Brashear, Boogaard or Godard.

means nothing.

Roy Jones 5'11, 174lbs, 74" reach
John Ruiz 6'2, 226lbs, 78" reaach

Having better assets and not using them correctly does not make you a better fighter. It makes you a fighter with better physical attributes. If carkner isn't using his strength, reach or right hand to a distinct advantage then it means nothing.

IF and only IF carkner could man handle Thornton, you could then say that Carkner is an "obviously better fighter".

BoyntBergie

Mar 9, 2004
What?

Thornton has wins over both Godard and Boogard this season. You could argue the Boogey fight was a draw, but both are listed as Ws on hockeyfights.

Carkner is good at what he does. But he, nor anyone else in the entire league, is "obviously" a better fighter than Thornton. He's one of the best in the league, and that's just pugilism, not even accounting for the fact that he can actually play the game.

It's a bit silly to in one breath admit a guy has a losing record against someone, and then in the next state that said guy with the losing record is obviously the better fighter.

Kekumba

Jan 24, 2008
Ottawa
lol Bruins fans are such homers. Wow, so pathetic.

jk, dudes. Just trying to fit in with the rest of the thread.

Pitlick*

Please let Carkner fight Chara next time; I'd love to see that. Carkner will lose for sure, but I love seeing the big Z angry; only seen him really angry a few times! Hey, if Carkner will fight Paille, he deserves being thrown into a cage with the monster.

I'm amused at how upset Bruins fans are. Like if I could reach through your computer monitors and give you a nuggie right now you'd SNAP and rip my arm off!

If Chara beat up Shannon, I'd laugh, like I said, angry Chara still entertains me greatly, even though he's on the Bruins now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->