Paille v. Carkner

pedrospecialk

Jul 6, 2005
Waltham, MA
Despite Paille more than holding his own, I have to question Carkner (24 fights last year) picking on a guy with 0 career fights late in a 6-0 game.

Another Neil v. Seidenberg? Sens seem awfully willing to go after non-fighters with their toughest customers.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Holding his own? He was getting fed until the refs grabbed ahold of Carkner, which is when he decides to start throwing punches. That said, I didn't have a big problem with it considering the mismatch.

A shame this will be the only video watched by many when Carkner-Thornton earlier in the game was a much better fight.

But if it'll get us a Chara-Carkner fight next game, solid trade off.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I'm perfectly OK with Paille throwing a few lefts through the linesman, at least one of which looked like it landed quite cleanly. Carkner deserved it for trying to goon it up with a guy with 0 fights who looked like a small child in comparison.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
i would be mad if Paille didn't get in those shots once the linesmen got in there to help him out. not surprised carkner did it he seems like a real ******* along with neil, both now have gone after non fighters on the Bruins late in games. good to see Paille not turtle there, he was getting pounded on but did a good job not letting Carkner get anything clean.

i wish someone on the Bruins went after one of the many softies on the sens though, eye for an eye i say.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
I see nothing wrong with this. Enforcers don't just fight other fighters, they enforcer regardless of the player. Paille is just lucky the linesman got in there so quick. Boston has a fairly tough team but they don't do a good job of enforcing. Nothing will happen to Carkner the next time these teams play. Chara is going to do nothing he can't even keep his balance in most fights.

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
I got slow motion from two angles. Why not?

It was Carkner who threw the first punch as they were tied up anyway.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
No problem with Paille doing that when the blood gets pumping but that's a BS move by the refs. Once Paille started throwing haymakers they should have let go again.

CptxMorgan

Dangerzone
Jul 3, 2008
Lawrence, MA
I see nothing wrong with this. Enforcers don't just fight other fighters, they enforcer regardless of the player. Paille is just lucky the linesman got in there so quick. Boston has a fairly tough team but they don't do a good job of enforcing. Nothing will happen to Carkner the next time these teams play. Chara is going to do nothing he can't even keep his balance in most fights.

What did Paille do that required 'enforcing'? There's a big difference between playing the enforcer role and just being a goon. Carkner clearly went for the latter in that situation against a guy who's not a fighter and did absolutely nothing wrong on the play.

Analyzer*

Montréal is pretty much a ***** team + Moen, but Carkner still tries to fight any of them.

Neil some times picks his fights and some times doesn't.

Both of them will pick fights against weaker people, but they'll fight the big boys too. You just wish they'd not target people who rarely fight.

I'd still love for Neil to be on my team.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Carkner gooning it up here, pretty ridiculous for him to go after Paille like that, awesome that Paille was able to get in those cheap shots though. Plus I have Carkner in my pool for PIMs, so liking the fight from that point of view too :)

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I see Paille drop his gloves first, and going at Carkner just as much as Carkner went at him before hand.

Bruins fans really like to whine about this kinda stuff though. My god you guys must think your team is made up of a bunch of nancys. Neil went after Seidenberg! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! Carkner went after Paille! CALL THE POLICE!!!!!

Big Bad Bruins....

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
When Milan Lucic was trying to decapitate Toni Lydman last year in the playoffs Bruins fans didn't seem too upset.

XtremeofParanoia

May 5, 2010
MA
I see Paille drop his gloves first, and going at Carkner just as much as Carkner went at him before hand.

Bruins fans really like to whine about this kinda stuff though. My god you guys must think your team is made up of a bunch of nancys. Neil went after Seidenberg! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! Carkner went after Paille! CALL THE POLICE!!!!!

Big Bad Bruins....

A) Get your eyes checked, immediately. Carkner clearly drops his gloves first.
B) Carkner shoves Paille multiple times before holding him up, forcing him to fight.
C) If a Chara or Lucic goes after a Peter Regin I'd imagine the Sens fans would "whine" just as much as the Bruins fans have over this incident.

XtremeofParanoia

May 5, 2010
MA
When Milan Lucic was trying to decapitate Toni Lydman last year in the playoffs Bruins fans didn't seem too upset.

When exactly did that happen? I remember Lydman trying to throw punches without dropping his stick and then hiding behind the linesman when Lucic wanted to fight, but I certainly don't remember Lucic trying to decapitate anyone.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA

Big Bad Bruins....

The problem is that there was 0 reason to fight Paille. Paille was clearly trying to play the puck when Carkner wouldn't stop shoving him after the puck already left the corner. But seriously? A bunch of nancies? We're talking about a 6'4" 231lb Matt Carkner with 32 fights in the past two seasons taking on a 6'1" 200lbs Daniel Paille who never dropped the gloves before... If you don't see this as being a huge goon, take your Sens glasses off.

Ron Barr

Doing it to Death
Dec 23, 2009
bdddddddet
Carkner wishes he was half the hockey player Paille is, and Paille isn't even that good. Carkner is pretty much useless.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
I would understand if Paille instigated the fight and Carkner just responded...(which would be foolish on Paille's part) but Carkner just decided it was time to fight.

I'm all for fighting but I think it crossed the line. Carkner could ruin a non-fighter's career with a good punch. No that's not an overreaction....the guy is 6-4 240 pounds. Who's next on Carkner's list? Tyler Ennis?

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Carkner wishes he was half the hockey player Paille is, and Paille isn't even that good. Carkner is pretty much useless.

I wouldn't go that far...they both suck.

I pretty much hate both teams but in given the circumstances i have no problem with Paille throwing those extra shots at the end.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
I find all the Bruin outrage ironic when they were pretty much all defending Lucic for punching an unsuspecting player who was tied up by referees. He could have ended Meyer's career!:sarcasm:

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
I find all the Bruin outrage ironic when they were pretty much all defending Lucic for punching an unsuspecting player who was tied up by referees. He could have ended Meyer's career!:sarcasm:

Still don't understand how two guys were suspended for such plays and Lucic only got a fine. Not saying Lucic's was as bad, since it was a lovetap by comparison, but if Eager's deserved 4, Lucic should have got a game or two.

XtremeofParanoia

May 5, 2010
MA

lol-why-u-mad-tho.jpg

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Soooooooo lucky the refs didn't let them go after he threw those punches. Pretty sure Paille would be in the morgue this morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad