Paid HD Habs streaming service : does it exist?

BobbyFischer*

I bought Game Center Live already (Habs fan in Toronto, Habs games all blacked out here it seems -- they did not say that when i bought the service grrr). Anyway if I add "unblock-us" will GSL accept that I'm suddenly in, say, Finland? I mean I just moved here from Japan, I do get around but does your initial address registration with GSL carry through your entire subscription?

It does not matter which address you put in when you signup, does not matter at all.

It only matters where their website sees that you're coming from. (that's where unblock-us comes in).

BTW, it's awesome.

I can watch hockey at work, streaming at VERY good quality, no stuttering, no lagging, awesome awesome awesome.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Thx Crazy and Bobby I'm getting UnBlock for tonight's Habs vs Kovy.

dkd

May 4, 2012
Canada
I'm going to subscribe today but not sure if I should go with GameCenter or Hockey Streams.
What would you guys recommend ?

Hockey Joe

Dec 18, 2007
Montreal
I'm trying hockeystreams for the first time this year. So far so good. A 6-month "donation" covers all of the short season.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I'm using GCL with Hidemynet.com (25$ for 1 year with code 50OFF2013)

Be sure to configure the DNS proxy instead of VPN for faster connection.

Also gives you access to Netflix.com, vudu, pandora on your Boxee box or PS3

mikeg

Feb 28, 2004
I have been using unblock for over a year now and signed up for the GC Live package last night to watch the game.

But it would not let me.

I live in Montreal, etc. My unblock DNS is setup through my router and the IP 6 is turned off, does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I also tried setting the DNS up through the PC, but that also did not get it working.

thanks!

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Thanks to this thread I signed up to Gamecenter and Unblock.us last week. Here to report it works great. Real HD streaming and can even watch other games. Well worth it over trying to find a feed at game time.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Thanks to this thread I signed up to Gamecenter and Unblock.us last week. Here to report it works great. Real HD streaming and can even watch other games. Well worth it over trying to find a feed at game time.

Ditto on that. But how is it working today? Last night with my GCL/UBU setup I couldn't watch the Vancouver game. Was trashed and so maybe it was on me somehow, will try again this afternoon but a little concerned -- anyone else having recent issues with GCL/UBU?

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I have been using unblock for over a year now and signed up for the GC Live package last night to watch the game.

But it would not let me.

I live in Montreal, etc. My unblock DNS is setup through my router and the IP 6 is turned off, does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I also tried setting the DNS up through the PC, but that also did not get it working.

thanks!

I'm in Toronto and was using GC+UB for the last week or so, no problem until last night w/Van. I'll post here on whether I can get the Habs game in a couple of hours.

UPDATE: Ran UB again and rebooted, can report that GCL+UB is getting me the Habs vs Sabres game; but strangely NJ vs Pit is showing a blackout and I can't see it. Dunno what's up. Stream is good! Go Habs Go!

Last edited:

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
JLP, if that ever happens just switch regions. Click on "How to set up" link and change to UK, make sure you update. That gets you out of North America and all games become available. I had the same issue with NJ/Pitt today and put in UK, and then fine. Sometimes you might have to clear cookies after changing region, but for me worked instantly after updating (make sure you click update after region change).

Everything i mentioned is for unblockus btw.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
JLP, if that ever happens just switch regions. Click on "How to set up" link and change to UK, make sure you update. That gets you out of North America and all games become available. I had the same issue with NJ/Pitt today and put in UK, and then fine. Sometimes you might have to clear cookies after changing region, but for me worked instantly after updating (make sure you click update after region change).

Everything i mentioned is for unblockus btw.

Thx for the useful info!

Montreal4Life*

I`ll be heading down to South America for a few months within the next few weeks. What type of connection will I need (knowing how slow the connection can be when I travel)

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
I'm using NHL GameCenter. Paid 50 dollars for it, but it seems to be worth it so far. Only thing is that I must use a Firefox add-on (Stealthy) to bypass the blackouts. It's free, doesn't make the video buffer and is very easy to set up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad