Rumor: Pagnotta: Teams interested in Leddy, believe Lou is willing to listen

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Leddy is fine, sounds like he wants out if the rumor about him being willing to waive his NTC last year is true.

He has been leaned on too much, he is not THAT GUY. He is a good complimentary 2/3 but not a #1 D, most of you know this. He has looked like shit because look at his supporting cast, seriously, look at it.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Alzner + Benn + Shaw for Leddy.

Surefire top 5 pick in 2019, 2020, 2021 drafts,
with a possible chance of relocation (though if it didn't happen with Tavares gone, it won't happen here either

You're welcome for the offer!

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
-42 last season and a corsi disaster. Don’t see them getting much.
thank you for proving my point. drew, with DeHaan out, and Boychuck injured much of the time, and no real defensive system under Weight, nobody looked good. Trotz is trying but, until we have the players to fit the proper roles, everyone will be playing like they arent any good

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
If the NYI are going to rebuild around Barzel, Bauville, Dobson, and others--I can see him dangling Leddy to see what he can get--he wont rush to trade him as I think Leddy could be a good teacher to Dobson and Aho and the other kids they have in the system

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
If the NYI are going to rebuild around Barzel, Bauville, Dobson, and others--I can see him dangling Leddy to see what he can get--he wont rush to trade him as I think Leddy could be a good teacher to Dobson and Aho and the other kids they have in the system

thank you and i agree with you. if he can get more than he is Ideally worth, than it makes sense, we are rebuilding after all, but why trade him for less than he's worth because he's trying in vain to fill a role he's not suited for...

its lou's job to look past the situational and see how a player fits within his ultimate vision

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
thank you and i agree with you. if he can get more than he is Ideally worth, than it makes sense, we are rebuilding after all, but why trade him for less than he's worth because he's trying in vain to fill a role he's not suited for...

its lou's job to look past the situational and see how a player fits within his ultimate vision

this is something I agree with, many posters just look at the here and now and not at the roster in 5 years. While Leddy may not be on the roster--Dobson and Aho will be and it will be up Leddy and Boychuck to help them learn the game at the NHL

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

lawrence

May 19, 2012
a consistent 40 point dman only 27 years old 5.5 million left for 4 years? count me in.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
this is something I agree with, many posters just look at the here and now and not at the roster in 5 years. While Leddy may not be on the roster--Dobson and Aho will be and it will be up Leddy and Boychuck to help them learn the game at the NHL
thats what Beautvillier the poster doesnt get, you simply must look at things as Whats situational and whats the reality, if Lou and Trotz dont have the big picture in mind we are doomed anyway

everyone knows that we are trying to build a system and implement a defensive structure, but that takes time. if you dont understand that until we have the proper pieces in place, no one is gonna look very good, and if you make rash decisions based on momentary situational factors like: Leddy is a terrible first pairing defender because "somebody has to play it" then you make huge mistakes.

trust me if we had 2 real first pairing defenders, and leddy was in a supporting role he'd be looking much better, but like you say many posters just look at the here and now, and fail to make allowances for things that under proper circumstances wouldnt be happening

Leddy wouldnt be first pairing in columbus, but unfortunately we dont Have a Seth Jones and Zack Werenski to play in his place, We have Leddy, so you chalk that up to situational and try to evaluate outside of that. always keeping in mind that the future must be served too

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Sounds like Brodie.

Interested to see what the return for Leddy would be if he did in fact get traded.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If the Islanders decide to trade him, he'd be the best defenseman on the market. In his prime and signed at a great AAV for four more years.

So I don't think deals around Josh Leivo or "add Wahlstrom and I might just part with 34-year-old Jeff Carter" are going to be offers Lou is willing to listen to.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Is there even a market for him? Left handed defensemen with that kind of term left just aren't a glaring need throughout the league. Considering the season he just had, I'm not sure why Lou would be shopping him.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Sounds like Brodie.

Interested to see what the return for Leddy would be if he did in fact get traded.
Guys like Brodie and Leddy if they are traded much like your own Hamonic, invariably get more than most fans think Because GM's aren't as fickle as most fans are.

If GM's were like fans we'd have complete roster turnover every year

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Look at what Hamonic returned. Leddy is significantly more talented than Hamonic.

As an Isles fan, I’d hate to see him traded, as others mentioned we would be giving up on a guy who’ve we’ve put in a really bad situation with little support.

Leddy is a great 2nd pairing D but he is by no means a #1. He could look good on a top pair if he had a true #1 as a partner.

If anything, Lou should be looking for a legitimate 2nd line center, ideally a young player. That’s what I think Leddy is worth, he’s locked up for 4 more years at a reasonable cap hit

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
What's the reason? I see his salary really starts to go up the next couple of seasons... But I don't see anything pressing this season...

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Alzner + Benn + Shaw for Leddy.

Surefire top 5 pick in 2019, 2020, 2021 drafts,
with a possible chance of relocation (though if it didn't happen with Tavares gone, it won't happen here either

You're welcome for the offer!
Bud, isles are not taking a slow skating,cap dump and spare parts for Leddy.

Thanks for the fantasy offer though

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
What's the reason? I see his salary really starts to go up the next couple of seasons... But I don't see anything pressing this season...

That is my question .

Could be Toews.
24 yr old Toews looks nhl ready and the organization is high on him, think he will be a puck moving, top 4.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Is there even a market for him? Left handed defensemen with that kind of term left just aren't a glaring need throughout the league. Considering the season he just had, I'm not sure why Lou would be shopping him.
Leddy has 4 yrs on his deal,with a caphit of $5.5m per.

Let's not get silly, acting as if his deal has 7 or 8 yrs.
And according to this report teams are interested.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
That is my question .

Could be Toews.
24 yr old Toews looks nhl ready and the organization is high on him, think he will be a puck moving, top 4.

So they'll move Leddy before finding out? I mean they'll get a good return... but still.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
hes been so bad these past few years, looked great in 2015-2016 tho. offensively he did well in 2016-2017, defensively not so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad