Value of: Pageau to Philly

rokkinman139

Jun 11, 2013
Skalica, Slovakia
Sorry if this has been done before. I'm not on here all that often.

With Nolan Patrick being out for the foreseeable future and the Flyers being on a near 100 point pace (if my math is correct), but currently out of the playoffs and Florida nipping at their heels, I could see them wanting to bolster their center depth. They've had a revolving door at their 3/4C positions all year with no one winning the job.

One guy I could see making sense for them would be JG Pageau. No idea if Ottawa wants to sell or extend him, but I know he's not making all that much and he would more than likely be a rental anyway. The Flyers would need to shed some salary to make this work (a little over 2.5 million). I'm just wondering what it would take to pry him out of Ottawa

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
If I was the Sens I'd re-sign him but if they were to trade him I think they'd push for a 1st or 2nd + decent prospect. Maybe conditions/conditial pick based on him re-signing or making it to the final.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
OTT:
Conditional 2020 2nd Round Pick*
Mason Millman (R4/19 - PHI)
Egor Serdyuk (R6/19 - PHI)

PHI:
Jean-Gabriel Pageau

* 2020 2nd turns to 2020 1st if Flyers advance past first round and Pageau re-signs with Philadelphia.

Reactions: hmc1987

rokkinman139

Jun 11, 2013
Skalica, Slovakia
OTT:

PHI:
Jean-Gabriel Pageau

* 2020 2nd turns to 2020 1st if Flyers advance past first round and Pageau re-signs with Philadelphia.
If Ottawa would take a few pieces like Hagg and Raffl to make the cap work, I'd make that deal in a heartbeat

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
I would too, but he's the one that gets you closest to JGP's cap hit that's expendable and relatively valuable. They could trade Ghost, but idk if my heart could take the rest of the season featuring a Hagg-Braun pairing.
Personally I think they are our best shutdown pairing by far look at how hagg is playing tonight, he’s our fan bases scapegoat I honestly think he’s a great player

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Personally I think they are our best shutdown pairing by far look at how hagg is playing tonight, he’s our fan bases scapegoat I honestly think he’s a great player
I like Hagg and I he played well tonight but you are going overboard with your statement
OTT:

PHI:
Jean-Gabriel Pageau

I would have a problem with last part.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Ottawa is gonna take at least one cap dump back to maximize value and need it on the books next year. Honestly. We need a first(cond 2nd if playoff exp met) plus cap damp plus 3 to 7 prospect.

rokkinman139

Jun 11, 2013
Skalica, Slovakia
He had a good game, but there are times (most times) where we get hemmed in the D zone and you're wondering, "Wow, that's happened a lot. Who's out there?" It's almost always Hagg. Generating defense =/= shutdown defenseman. He has his place (7th D who can fill in when you're in a pinch), but him and Braun do not complement each other well at all.

rokkinman139

Jun 11, 2013
Skalica, Slovakia
Ottawa is gonna take at least one cap dump back to maximize value and need it on the books next year. Honestly. We need a first(cond 2nd if playoff exp met) plus cap damp plus 3 to 7 prospect.
A cap dump you say? Would you be interested in a slightly used JvR? I like JvR, but man, he has been the definition of snakebitten this year.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
A cap dump you say? Would you be interested in a slightly used JvR? I like JvR, but man, he has been the definition of snakebitten this year.
That was a bad contract the minute the ink dried.
I like JVR, too, but yikes

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Patrick returned to practice this week which is a good sign. There’s still no real timetable or updates beyond that. I think the flyers hold pat if he comes back.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
To PHI: Jean-Gabriel Pageau
To Ottawa: PHI 2nd 2020* + PHI 3rd 2020** + B Prospect***

*2nd becomes a 1st in 2020 if Flyers advance to Conference Finals and JGP plays > 50% of games
**3rd becomes a 1st in 2020/21 if Flyers re-sign JGP
***Don't know the Flyers system, but maybe someone like Attard/Strome/St-Ivany/ect

Essentially something like the Zuccarello deal last year. No outright 1st in there, but enough conditional picks that it's a possibility.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
How unavailable is Philippe Myers from Philly? He'd be a perfect fit for Chabot/Brannstrom, and Philly seems pretty deep at defence.

Or it he completely off the table in a Pageau deal?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
How unavailable is Philippe Myers from Philly? He'd be a perfect fit for Chabot/Brannstrom, and Philly seems pretty deep at defence.

Or it he completely off the table in a Pageau deal?

Completely off the table. Hes our only RHD under team control after next year.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I mean, it would be kind of irrelevant. The Flyers certainly aren't going to have the cap space to afford to re-sign JGP. Pretty much only Braun is coming off the books IIRC

Then why put it in?

I'd modify it to just the Flyers making the Finals and I'm in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad